Simple steps to make organic food and drink a part of your diet in Dubai
You’ve seen his products such as milk and coconut water in stores… we found out out Koita founder, Mustafa Koita's, favourite organic food and drink products and why they're so good for you.
The Koita household is made up of Mustafa, Maria and their three children, Serena (nine), Danyal (six) and Sophia (two). On a day-to-day basis they all consume healthy and organic foods. If you go to their kitchen here's the top five items you are most likely to find…
1. Koita Organic Milk Koita’s cows are grass-fed and free range. There are no synthetic hormones, no antibiotics, no artificial pesticides, plus it’s naturally gluten-free. Benefits include added Vitamin A & D3. As well as supporting your immune system you’ll feel happy because Koita will donate 5 percent of all net profits to local charities. For example, in the UAE they are working with Adopt-A-Camp.
2. Go Coco Coconut water 100 percent natural, no fat, cholesterol or added sugar. This drink is super hydrating, full of potassium, magnesium and calcium, fibre, proteins, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. As it’s naturally isotonic, it rehydrates you three times faster than regular water.
3. Brads Kale - Nasty Hot There’s no doubt that Kale can provide much-needed nutrients to the body. Smothered with red bell pepper, cashews, sunflower seeds, lemon juice, jalapeno pepper, chickpea miso, Himalayan sea salt, and cayenne pepper, this organic product is sure to be a treat for the taste buds as opposed to chowing down on regular steam kale. Never baked or fried, all flavours of Brad’s Raw Crunchy Kale are dehydrated at or below 115 degrees to preserve essential nutrients and enzymes that enhance digestion and dramatically increase energy levels.
4. Bobs Redmill Quinoa This nutrient-rich grain, which is naturally gluten-free, provides plenty of protein, and therefore essential amino acids. Full of fibre, it is often an option for vegans or vegetarians but more and more meat-eaters are sneaking it into their lifestyle as it’s popularity increases. Get creative with your meals by introducing this organic product to your pantry.
5. Natures Path Peanut Butter Puffs Cereal This one’s a good option for getting the little ones to enjoy organic food too. A nutty take on their original puffed corn, these certified organic and gluten-free puffs are packed with peanut butter. A serving contains 9g of whole grains and they’re so yummy, children won’t have a clue it’s benefitting their health.