10 top UAE camping spots
Posted by: Oliver&Nikki on 2014-02-04 09:27:15

Based on the recommendation we found here, we went to Al Dhafra Beach, Abu Dhabi last weekend 31/01/14. However, I think that the “ Experts” must have gone to a different beach, as we found a totally different place when we arrived!

Upon arriving, we were stopped directly by an Al Dhafra Golf Links committee member demanding that we pay 100Dh per tent before they would allow us access to the track that leads to the beach. After a long discussion with them and looking at our alternative options, we finally agreed to pay for two tents rather than face turning back so late in the day.

Once we accessed the now very expensive campsite! We found a scene that is as far from the picture described above as it gets! The review describes “The water and scenery is incredibly beautiful and pristine, making this an ideal spot for some photography.” We found, a beach located between to industrial plants, completely littered in debris…1000s of bottles, Plastic, timber, foam, glass, metal…. You name it, or threw it in the sea and it’s there! So unless you like bottles and garbage strewn across the landscape, I would suggest leaving the camera at home. As far as wildlife goes, we took our kayak, nothing… not even a fish. Although, a few birds flew past! But even they must have thought it wasn’t worth landing for… Hahaha.

On the plus side, we made the most of it with our friends and the fire was burning all night thanks to the abundance of free timber on the beach. But we will never go down there again.

The picture used was not taken there. Not worth the journey at all. There are much nicer / cleaner places to camp throughout the UAE.

Where to buy the cheapest gadgets on the globe
Posted by: Ahmed Ali on 2014-02-04 08:30:51

Use the Amazon.com site all the time. Free shipment to my Aramax Shop and Ship NY City address - 3 to 4 days later in Dubai Aramax for pickup. Even if Im hit with 5% duties import fee into Dubai Ive saved 25% from Dubai shops. I bought MacBook Air from LA last year and was 1300 AED cheaper with shipment than in local Dubai shops.

Where to buy the cheapest gadgets on the globe
Posted by: Ahmed Ali on 2014-02-04 08:30:51

10 to try: Family brunches
Posted by: Lol on 2014-02-04 05:20:05

Omg how good is bublicious I want to go there for my birthday to spend some time with my family

Stone Temple Pilots cancel Dubai Jazz Fest gig
Posted by: B&B on 2014-02-03 14:54:12

I don't care what anyone says, Scott Weiland, despite his demons was the heart and soul of this group and the songs that made the group famous were his...Frankly, Chester may be talented but he'll NEVER be an STP
member. Sad that Scott is unreliable but even more sad that his musical family gave up on him after so many years of great music...

The band will never be the same.

Is Dubai ruining your hair?
Posted by: Shiney on 2014-02-02 18:03:16

Put 1 egg and curd put olive oil in in a bowl .mix it .put it in your hair it will be smooth

Caring for Kenya’s orphans
Posted by: Catherine Waithira Gachuru on 2014-02-01 12:59:28

Well Im so grateful as you can see my names Im also very much happy because Im also doing the same work which Im starting with 280 orphans and still I have so many people with disabilities if you can send me your emails I can send you full details for my work which I started and now I want to start a children's home but now I have a land which is 10 acres which I want to get donors who can support me to build in since I want to have a school inside this land, now I have 8years since I started this work but I lacked support for donors to continue. Please help me with donors to support this movement to bring my real dream.

Jessie J replaces Ke$ha as RedFest DXB headliner
Posted by: Peter Winder on 2014-02-01 07:34:53

How do I secure a refund for my Thursday ticket now that Ke$ha is not performing?
Peter

Where do chefs eat in Dubai?
Posted by: Sue Larguia on 2014-01-31 14:35:37

Typical of UK people to bash Americans.

Burj Al Arab National Day fireworks pics
Posted by: PUNEET SHARMA on 2014-01-31 09:49:25

this is awesome

1. Reform Social & Gril 1 27 Jun ' 14 at 08:54 We used to go to the Lakes Club regularly but this was the first try for the Reform...More
  2. Zheng He’s 1 27 Jun ' 14 at 03:52 We have eaten at Zheng He's several times now over the last 2 years. But last night...More
  3. Thai Chi 1 29 Jun ' 14 at 06:58 The food is extremely delicious and the ambiance inside and out doors are both...More