Time Out celebrates #Instagram500m by profiling 15 UAE Instagram accounts you have to follow, including foodies, Royals, photographers and more
Time Out Dubai staff
Three hundred million daily active users, 4.2 billion likes a day, 95 million posts every 24 hours; these are just some of the stats the fastest growing social network in the world boast on the day it announces one in 14 people on this planet has an Instagram profile.
So what better time than now to give you some of the best Instagrammers to follow in the United Arab Emirates?
Here's the Time Out pick of 15 accounts you have to follow.
2. Rashed Belhasa aka Money Kicks is living the dream of most kids on the planet, and if we’re perfectly honest most adults as well. Not only does he have an unbelievable collection of pets, he also gets to hang with every celeb setting foot in Dubai; Jackie Chan, Wiz Khalifa, Akon, Lionel Messi… the list is endless.
A photo posted by Rashed Belhasa Aka-Money Kicks (@rsbelhasa) on
3. His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Crown Prince of Dubai is a tour de force on social media. Two of his biggest interests are adventure sports and photography, which put together make for a very impressive Instagram profile. Best of all, his 13.7 million followers are often offered insight into his family life.
4. Arguably the most popular food blogger in the region, Karen, aka Secret Squirrel Food takes her chia puddings very seriously. While this Australian blogger whips up her own dishes on a daily basis, ever so often you’ll find her frequenting her favourite eateries in Dubai.
A photo posted by Karen McLean (@secretsquirrelfood) on
5. If this account doesn’t make you want to slip into your yoga pants and practice that headstand, then we don’t know what will. Abbey is the queen of downward dogs in Dubai, who rarely ever poses them in a boring studio. Travel around the emirate through the eyes of this bendy yogi…
6. Gentlemen, this suited Dubaian will make you rethink your wardrobe and your travel plans. Visit the world’s biggest fashion capitals with Elias, and let him show you where to buy your threads from. Pocket square mandatory.
7. In a city of many highs, this Dubai-based photographer admires the architecture of the city from a very lateral viewpoint. Expect a photo of Burj Khalifa from ground zero sitting alongside a freakishly brave shot of legs dangling atop one of the high risers in the Marina.
A photo posted by Huda Bin Redha هدى بن رضا (@hudabinr) on
9. It's not unreasonable to suggest Marcus Smith is Dubai's fittest man, and if he's not, his commitment to getting the rest of the city in shape makes him a worthy follow. Owner of Inner Fight gym, he's also a motivational speaker, podcaster and more, packing it all into his Insta stream. They're not your generic inspirational quotes either, they are all his own material and the mantra that has made him both a successful businessman and athlete.
10. You must have been living on the moon for the past 18 months if you haven't of Yves Rossy, and even then you might still have come across the jet-flying superstar and his wingman, Vince Reffet. The Dubai-based pair made headlines around the world with their stunt alongside Emirates.
A photo posted by Herald | Dubai (@heraldherrera) on
13. Let Eugenia show you where to have your Saturday morning cappuccino, and what to wear while doing so. She loves supporting local fashion designers in her 'grams, and takes some really flattering selfies while doing so.
14. Perhaps the fastest way to keep up to date with what His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai does in his day-to-day is through his Instagram profile. It also offers incredible insight into what his vision for the city was and still is, as we can see from the post below.