A brand-new farmers’ market, sundowners at Madinat Jumeirah and the DSS grand finale
1) Farmers’ Market Head over to Palm Strip Mall in Jumeirah 1 for the arrival of Dubai’s newest, freshest farmers’ market. From the Yard is offering up organic fruit and veggies, free-range eggs, home-made cheeses and more for you to get your hands on. Pro chefs will also be on hand to show you what you can do with your fresh goodies, and there’s a café – “amongst few” – also on site for you to indulge. Prices vary. Fri 8am-2pm. Ongoing. From the Yard, amongst few, Palm Strip Mall, Jumeirah Beach Road (04 330 8965).
2) Latin Night by Ric Banks Get a crash-course in all things with Latin at Mazina’s Thursday night fiesta in Address Dubai Marina. Groove to some Latin tunes all night long, with the restaurant promising the “perfect Havana ambience”, accompanied with a variety of mixed drinks and house beverages. Minimum spend Dhs50. Thu 9pm-2am. Ongoing. Mazina Address Dubai Marina, Dubai Marina (04 436 7777).
3) Go on a dinner date for less than Dhs100
Head over to Accents Restaurant at the InterContinental Dubai Marina hotel, which has two brand-new meal deals on offer, with a two-course dinner on offer for less than Dhs100 per person. Choose from Italian or Asian cuisine, and finish it all off with a soft drink of your choice. Dhs99 (EATaliano, two courses), Dhs99 (Wok It, two courses). Open daily 6.30pm-11pm (dinner). Ongoing. Accents Restaurant, InterContinental Dubai Marina (04 446 6669).
Head to JLT’s Belgian import Le Petit Belge for a European breakfast feast. There’s a buffet of brekkie options plus a main from an à la carte menu. There are also two different drinks packages that can be bought, including for another two hours after the food has stopped. Dhs99 (food only), extra Dhs100 (three drinks or bottle of house grape), extra Dhs350 (bottle of bubbly). Fri-Sat 10am-2pm (drinks packages until 4pm). Pullman Jumeirah Lakes Towers Hotel & Residence, Cluster T (04 24 27 794).
5) Or two… Ok, so it’s not new, but Time Out Dubai’s Best European Restaurant, Marina Social, has just dropped the price of its Friday brunch – Share & Social. It’s a three-course sharing brunch with dishes including goat’s cheese churros, salads and sourdough pizzas. Prices are Dhs100 less than before, so get down there. Dhs275 (soft drinks), Dhs395 (house beverages), Dhs445 (bubbly). Fri 1pm-4pm. InterContinental Dubai Marina (04 446 6664).
6) Sundowners at folly
It has some pretty special views, and you can now catch sundowners overlooking the Madinat Jumeirah at folly by Nick and Scott. The restaurant has lengthened its happy hour for summer, to give you a chance to properly enjoy the sunset, with selected drinks available for just Dhs25 between 3pm and 7pm. Daily 3pm-7pm. Souk Madinat Jumeirah, Umm Suqeim (04 430 8535).
7) Don’t miss the end of DSS
Sadly, the summer shopping spectacular has to end, and it’s been a brilliant six weeks. But, fear not, Dubai Summer Surprises is going out with a bang this weekend. Expect huge discounts on massive department store brands including Debenhams, Harvey Nichols, Marks & Spencer, Bloomingdale’s and more, plus a Friday surprise featuring handbags for just Dhs10 at Splash in Mall of the Emirates. From Dhs10. Fri Aug 11 from 10am. Centrepoint, Mall of the Emirates, Al Barsha (04 341 1988).
8) Win some stuff In case you missed it, we’re giving away massive prizes all summer long. There are loads of awesome prizes being given away every week day in August, from a MINI Cooper driving weekend, to staycations, brunches and gadgets. All you’ve got to do is head to our dedicated competitions channel and answer a super easy question (hint: the answers are hidden in plain sight). Click here to enter