Dubai World Cup 2018: Six best parties and brunches on race day
From luxury yachts to track-side at Meydan Racecourse, we've got you covered
The Dubai World Cup is almost upon us and we’re in the mood to celebrate. There’s plenty to keep you occupied if you want to get in on the action, both at Meydan and around the city, and with the fashion crowd out in force it’s an opportunity to get your gladrags on and get out and about. So whether you plan to get involved from a luxury yacht or right down at the side of the track, we’ve got you covered. And they’re off!
1. Dubai Super Key Yacht Party The Dubai World Cup is a flash event, so what better way to get geared up for the action than on board a luxury yacht? Dubai Key is hosting a Super Yacht party boarding from Pier 7 in Dubai Marina for a four-hour cruise with an on-board swimming pool and Jacuzzi and room for up to 200 guests. DJs Timothy Knight and Callum Ross will also be on board. We don’t mind of we do. Dhs250 (women), Dhs400 (men), Dhs6000 (VIP table package with bubbly, bottle service and six tickets). Fri Mar 30, 12.30pm-4.30pm. Pier 7, Dubai Marina (05 852 6868).
2. Farriers Terrace Farriers Terrace at the Meydan Racecourse is the place for fashionistas to be seen (and cast a discerning eye over the clobber of other guests). There will also be a lavish spread prepared by a world-class team of chefs to have you strutting to the buffet like models on the catwalk. There’ll also be a selection of canapes, afternoon tea, mixed beverages and bubbles. You’ll also get Grandstand Apron views and access to the closing ceremony show. Dhs1,650. Sat Mar 31 from 2pm onwards (last race at 8.50pm). Meydan Racecourse, Meydan City (04 381 3111).
3. McGettigan’s DWTC Enjoy Easter with the Dubai World Cup horseracing event and McGettigan's pre-races brunch in the outdoor garden. There'll be unlimited house drinks and food from noon until 4pm to be enjoyed with live music before the racing action. There will also be complimentary transport to Meydan Racecourse. Seats on the bus are based on limited availability, and are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Dhs209 (mixed drinks), Dhs289 (sparkling package). Sat Mar 31, noon-4pm. McGettigan’s DWTC, Dubai World Trade Centre, Sheikh Zayed Road (04 378 0800).
4. Meydan Ballroom Terrace The Ballroom is an ideal venue for young horse lovers to spectate from the dedicated play area. The friendly team will supervise the kids while parents relax and enjoy the races in the lovely al fresco setting. There will also be a lavish international buffet for everyone to get stuck into and one babysitter per family dines complimentary at a dedicated area. Dhs950 (soft drinks), Dhs1,250 (house beverages and bubbles), Dhs475 (kids aged 9-12), free (kids under eight). Sat Mar 31, from 2pm onwards (last race at 8.50pm). Meydan Racecourse, Meydan City (04 381 3111).
5. The Millennium Terrace The Millennium Terrace is the prime spot at Meydan to hear the horse hooves from your seat. You’ll be right up close to the action on one side, and just a few steps away from a luxurious buffet on the other featuring sophisticated delicacies from around the world. We imagine you’ll be dizzy from trotting back and forth. Dhs2,950 (mixed drinks and bubbly). Sat Mar 31, from 2pm onwards (last race at 8.50pm). Meydan Racecourse, Meydan City (04 381 3111).
6. Treehouse at Dubai World Cup The folk at Treehouse will be venturing over to Meydan with their shakers in tow to whip up some of their speciality cocktails for race-goers. Mixed drinks from the inventive menu include the Elixir of Life and The Bitter and Twisted. Sounds interesting. Sat Mar 30, from 12pm onwards. Meydan Racecourse, Meydan City (04 327 0000).