Dubai World Cup 2018: Pubs and bars showing the races
Where to catch all the latest action from Meydan Racecourse this weekend
If you're looking for somewhere to catch all the Dubai World Cup action, these pubs and bars are the perfect place. They'll be showing all the latest on screens – and all without having to head over to Meydan Racecourse.
1. Brunswick Sports Club With a total of 11 large screens, this cool Melbourne-style warehouse bar is perfect for relaxed watching. Along with a happy hour from 5pm to 8pm and top notch food, Brunswick Sports Club is a place to kick back and enjoy some good ol’ sports. Noon-2am. Sheraton Mall of the Emirates, Al Barsha, www.brunswicksc.com (056 404 0685).
2. Fibber Magee's All the races of Dubai World Cup will be shown at this delightful Irish pub, with an all-inclusive finger food and beverage deal for Dhs375. Who says you have to be at the races to win best hat? There are grand prizes up for grabs, including a bottle of bubbly for the best hat. Exclusive deal: Dhs375 (food and beverage), start of first race to end of last race. Open daily, 8am-2am. Saeed Tower One, Sheikh Zayed Road, www.fibbersdubai.com (04 332 2400).
3. McGettigan’s JLT Just for the occasion, the Irish pub is having a brunch with unlimited drinks available, along with transport to the Meydan Racecourse. Not to worry, if you want to stay, the races will be also be shown at McGettigan’s JLT. Brunch package: Dhs209 (house beverages), Dhs289 (sparkling beverages). Noon-4pm. Cluster J, Jumeirah Lakes Towers, www.mcgettigans.com/jlt (04 356 0470).
4. The Spike Bar This lovely little spot has a slick interior with classic touches and furnishings you’d expect from a dedicated golf bar. Expect 16 screens place throughout the bar. If you’re feeling a bit peckish, the extended menu includes pizzas, healthy salads, chicken wings, ribs, burgers, sliders, pastas, fish and chips, steak, lobster, and plenty more. 9am-1.30am. Emirates Golf Club, Sheikh Zayed Road, www.dubaigolf.com (04 417 9999).
5. The Stables With a name like The Stables, you’d think this sports bar would be all about the horses, and you would be right. Once you get to it the pub is decked out in horse racing paraphernalia. It’s spacious, with plenty of tables, booths and stools at the bar. There aren’t many other places better to watch The Dubai World Cup. Noon-3am. Next to Fibber Magee’s, Sheikh Zayed Road (04 342 5571).