See Despicable Me 2 trailer
Minions return in teaser for next year’s smash animated sequel Discuss this article
Yes, the Minions are back! And this time, they’re covering Beach Boys hit ‘Barbara Ann’ ...
That can mean only one thing: the return of Gru’s evil empire of small yellow drones (and three sweet little girls) in Despicable Me 2. Check out the first teaser trailer for the sequel to the smash-hit animated movie, which is set for a July 2013 release.
We can’t wait that long! In the meantime, here are 5 reasons that we are extremely excited by the prospect of Despicable Me 2:
1. Steve Carell and Russell Brand will return! The pair will again lend their voices to Gru, the evil-genius-turned-loving-father, and Dr Nefario, his deaf inventor and friend. “No, no, no, I said dart gun ...
2. Al Pacino is rumoured to have signed up to voice the bad guy. He will reportedly play El Macho, an evil genius with three sons, nemesis to Gru and his three daughters. Say hello to my little boys ...
3. The Minions! Their bananas-and-potatoes-filled version of ‘Barbara Ann’ only whetted our appetites for more disturbing cackles and petulant squabbling from Gru’s goggle-wearing cronies.
4. ... as did Dr Seuss’ The Lorax, sort of. Directed by Despicable Me’s Chris Renaud, this animated tale had nowhere near the impact of Gru and Co’s first outing, but did have a warm, fuzzy story, colourful characters and creative voice acting.
5. Agnes, Agnes, and more Agnes. A cuter animated character there has never been. The unicorn-loving youngest of the three orphans melted our hearts with her fearless pursuit of grumpy Gru’s love. Agnes’s immortal “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!” quote still rings out across Time Out Towers when one of our staff writers receives an SMS ...By Jamie Goodwin
Time Out Dubai,
- Cinemacity, Arabian Center(10)
- Grand Cinecity Al Ghurair(7)
- Grand Cineplex (Oud Metha)(10)
- Grand Dubai Festival City(10)
- Grand Megaplex Ibn Battuta Mall(16)
- Lamcy Cinema Lamcy Plaza(1)
- Meydan IMAX Theatre(1)
- Reel Cinemas Dubai Marina Mall(5)
- Reel Cinemas The Dubai Mall(14)
- VOX Cinemas Deira City Centre(9)
- VOX Cinemas Mall of the Emirates(12)
- VOX Cinemas Mercato Mall(7)
- VOX Cinemas Mirdif City Centre(10)
Time Out Dubai Music & Nightlife Awards 2013 The best nightlife in Dubai revealed
Time Out Dubai Restaurant Awards 2013 Revealed: The best places to eat in Dubai
Best Selling Events
- SANDANCE presents The Killers, Of Monsters And Men, The Wailers & more
- Love, Loss and What I Wore (Wed, May 22 - 8pm Show)
- Dubai Duty Free Darts Masters (Season Tickets)
- Dubai Duty Free Darts Masters (Quarter Finals)
- Urban Circus (Thu, May 23 - 8pm Show)
Our favourite features
101 best dishes of the year in Dubai Tastiest meals that have tickled Time Out’s taste buds in 2012
10 top Dubai beaches Grab your sunscreen and head for the city's best beach clubs
100 top brunches in Dubai Friday feasts plus evening and Saturday brunch for all wallets
55 ways to party in Dubai Celebrate our 11th birthday with an alternative activity
10 must-try nights in Dubai The ultimate checklist for the city’s party people
Best cupcakes in Dubai We give in to our cravings to taste the city’s sweetest offerings
15 Wi-Fi hotspots in Dubai Ditch the office in favour of these Wi-Fi cafés and venues in the city
24 top pizzas in Dubai We tuck into the city’s best slices of Italy
24-hour dining in Dubai We stay up to try 12 of the city's best round-the-clock eateries
Where to watch Premier League football in Dubai Great spots to catch the English Premier League soccer on TV
28 top Dubai takeaways We rate the city's best delivery food
Dubai's luxury hotel suites Live like a king at the city's most extravagant rooms
24 brunches to try in Dubai Time Outers share their favourite Friday feasts in the city
10 top Dubai breakfasts The best spots to enjoy the most important meal of the day
Pay less rent in Dubai The ultimate property guide to help you relocate and save cash