See Despicable Me 2 trailer
Minions return in teaser for next year’s smash animated sequel Discuss this article
Yes, the Minions are back! And this time, they’re covering Beach Boys hit ‘Barbara Ann’ ...
That can mean only one thing: the return of Gru’s evil empire of small yellow drones (and three sweet little girls) in Despicable Me 2. Check out the first teaser trailer for the sequel to the smash-hit animated movie, which is set for a July 2013 release.
We can’t wait that long! In the meantime, here are 5 reasons that we are extremely excited by the prospect of Despicable Me 2:
1. Steve Carell and Russell Brand will return! The pair will again lend their voices to Gru, the evil-genius-turned-loving-father, and Dr Nefario, his deaf inventor and friend. “No, no, no, I said dart gun ...
2. Al Pacino is rumoured to have signed up to voice the bad guy. He will reportedly play El Macho, an evil genius with three sons, nemesis to Gru and his three daughters. Say hello to my little boys ...
3. The Minions! Their bananas-and-potatoes-filled version of ‘Barbara Ann’ only whetted our appetites for more disturbing cackles and petulant squabbling from Gru’s goggle-wearing cronies.
4. ... as did Dr Seuss’ The Lorax, sort of. Directed by Despicable Me’s Chris Renaud, this animated tale had nowhere near the impact of Gru and Co’s first outing, but did have a warm, fuzzy story, colourful characters and creative voice acting.
5. Agnes, Agnes, and more Agnes. A cuter animated character there has never been. The unicorn-loving youngest of the three orphans melted our hearts with her fearless pursuit of grumpy Gru’s love. Agnes’s immortal “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!” quote still rings out across Time Out Towers when one of our staff writers receives an SMS ...By Jamie Goodwin
Time Out Dubai,
- Cinemacity, Arabian Center(8)
- Grand Cinecity Al Ghurair(9)
- Grand Cineplex (Oud Metha)(16)
- Grand Dubai Festival City(14)
- Grand Megaplex Ibn Battuta Mall(18)
- Meydan IMAX Theatre(2)
- Reel Cinemas Dubai Marina Mall(5)
- Reel Cinemas The Dubai Mall(21)
- VOX Cinemas Deira City Centre(16)
- VOX Cinemas Mall of the Emirates(18)
- VOX Cinemas Mercato Mall(9)
- VOX Cinemas Mirdif City Centre(14)
Our favourite features
101 celebrities in the UAE The most famous faces spotted in the emirates throughout 2013
Best selling albums of 2013 The top 20 sellers in the UAE: Who comes out on top?
Around the world at Global Village Dubai Stop and shop across the globe at the UAE's cultural park
Iconic Dubai buildings explained We celebrate some of the city's less well-known architectural triumphs
Hot new Japanese restaurants in Dubai Following a burst of new openings, we round up the newcomers
20 delicious low calories dishes in Dubai Our favourite feasts which pack just 500 calories or less
Pictures: Dubai from the sky We hopped aboard a Seawings flight to capture some amazing views of the ...
30 FREE things to do in Dubai From fitness trends to arty movie screenings, how to have free fun
20 celebrity chef restaurants in Dubai The celebrity-inspired restaurants that have come (and in some cases, go...
Massive new developments coming to Dubai FOUR huge islands off Deira, a 30,000-seater stadium, 100-storey tower, ...
21 restaurants to try in Downtown Dubai We dine our way down Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard (Emaar Boulevard)
50 best dishes of 2013 From budget to blow-out, the best our reviewers have been served in 2013
An essential guide to renting in Dubai Beat price hikes, pick the right area, and know your rights
How to get a pay rise 20 expert tips to bag more cash from your boss
30 top outdoor bars in Dubai As the temperatures cool we round up the best places to drink outside in...