See Despicable Me 2 trailer
Minions return in teaser for next year’s smash animated sequel Discuss this article
Yes, the Minions are back! And this time, they’re covering Beach Boys hit ‘Barbara Ann’ ...
That can mean only one thing: the return of Gru’s evil empire of small yellow drones (and three sweet little girls) in Despicable Me 2. Check out the first teaser trailer for the sequel to the smash-hit animated movie, which is set for a July 2013 release.
We can’t wait that long! In the meantime, here are 5 reasons that we are extremely excited by the prospect of Despicable Me 2:
1. Steve Carell and Russell Brand will return! The pair will again lend their voices to Gru, the evil-genius-turned-loving-father, and Dr Nefario, his deaf inventor and friend. “No, no, no, I said dart gun ...
2. Al Pacino is rumoured to have signed up to voice the bad guy. He will reportedly play El Macho, an evil genius with three sons, nemesis to Gru and his three daughters. Say hello to my little boys ...
3. The Minions! Their bananas-and-potatoes-filled version of ‘Barbara Ann’ only whetted our appetites for more disturbing cackles and petulant squabbling from Gru’s goggle-wearing cronies.
4. ... as did Dr Seuss’ The Lorax, sort of. Directed by Despicable Me’s Chris Renaud, this animated tale had nowhere near the impact of Gru and Co’s first outing, but did have a warm, fuzzy story, colourful characters and creative voice acting.
5. Agnes, Agnes, and more Agnes. A cuter animated character there has never been. The unicorn-loving youngest of the three orphans melted our hearts with her fearless pursuit of grumpy Gru’s love. Agnes’s immortal “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!” quote still rings out across Time Out Towers when one of our staff writers receives an SMS ...By Jamie Goodwin
Time Out Dubai,
- Novo Cinecity Al Ghurair(8)
- Novo Cineplex (Oud Metha)(13)
- Novo Festival Cinema(10)
- Novo Megaplex IBN Batutta Mall(18)
- Reel Cinemas Dubai Marina Mall(7)
- Reel Cinemas The Beach Mall(8)
- Reel Cinemas The Dubai Mall(16)
- VOX Cinemas Deira City Centre(12)
- VOX Cinemas Mall of the Emirates(17)
- VOX Cinemas Mercato Mall(10)
- VOX Cinemas Mirdif City Centre(13)
Our favourite features
Dubai's best burgers From diner-style bites to gourmet towers of meat
Best karaoke bars in Dubai Don’t save your singing for the shower and hit these Dubai spots
17 new Friday brunches to try in Dubai We review the city’s newest Friday feasts
Best new clubs in Dubai 2014 New openings which have outlived the hype
Where to eat in Dubai Marina Try a new place to eat in Dubai's exclusive waterside neighbourhood
45 budget meals in Dubai Where to dine with a friend and still get change from a Dhs100 note
Best live music venues in Dubai Listen to all sorts of live music at these great Dubai venues
Must-see Dubai sights Nine iconic attractions no tourist or resident should miss
The SMALLEST things in Dubai In a city known for size, we look at the more miniscule things in life
The most stylish restaurants in Dubai Eight fashionable finds in the city
12 best steakhouses in Dubai A veritable carnivore's delight awaits
101 celebrities in the UAE The most famous faces spotted in the emirates throughout 2013
Best selling albums of 2013 The top 20 sellers in the UAE: Who comes out on top?
Around the world at Global Village Dubai Stop and shop across the globe at the UAE's cultural park
Iconic Dubai buildings explained We celebrate some of the city's less well-known architectural triumphs