See Despicable Me 2 trailer
Minions return in teaser for next year’s smash animated sequel Discuss this article
Yes, the Minions are back! And this time, they’re covering Beach Boys hit ‘Barbara Ann’ ...
That can mean only one thing: the return of Gru’s evil empire of small yellow drones (and three sweet little girls) in Despicable Me 2. Check out the first teaser trailer for the sequel to the smash-hit animated movie, which is set for a July 2013 release.
We can’t wait that long! In the meantime, here are 5 reasons that we are extremely excited by the prospect of Despicable Me 2:
1. Steve Carell and Russell Brand will return! The pair will again lend their voices to Gru, the evil-genius-turned-loving-father, and Dr Nefario, his deaf inventor and friend. “No, no, no, I said dart gun ...
2. Al Pacino is rumoured to have signed up to voice the bad guy. He will reportedly play El Macho, an evil genius with three sons, nemesis to Gru and his three daughters. Say hello to my little boys ...
3. The Minions! Their bananas-and-potatoes-filled version of ‘Barbara Ann’ only whetted our appetites for more disturbing cackles and petulant squabbling from Gru’s goggle-wearing cronies.
4. ... as did Dr Seuss’ The Lorax, sort of. Directed by Despicable Me’s Chris Renaud, this animated tale had nowhere near the impact of Gru and Co’s first outing, but did have a warm, fuzzy story, colourful characters and creative voice acting.
5. Agnes, Agnes, and more Agnes. A cuter animated character there has never been. The unicorn-loving youngest of the three orphans melted our hearts with her fearless pursuit of grumpy Gru’s love. Agnes’s immortal “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!” quote still rings out across Time Out Towers when one of our staff writers receives an SMS ...By Jamie Goodwin
Time Out Dubai,
- Novo Cinecity Al Ghurair(10)
- Novo Cineplex (Oud Metha)(16)
- Novo Festival Cinema(14)
- Novo Megaplex IBN Batutta Mall(21)
- Reel Cinemas Dubai Marina Mall(6)
- Reel Cinemas The Beach Mall(9)
- Reel Cinemas The Dubai Mall(26)
- VOX Cinemas Deira City Centre(14)
- VOX Cinemas Mall of the Emirates(15)
- VOX Cinemas Mercato Mall(11)
- VOX Cinemas Mirdif City Centre(10)
Our favourite features
The 50 best things to do in Dubai The emirate's best toilet, burger, elevator, proposal spot and more
Dubai's dining districts The battle of Dubai's best foodie neighbourhoods
Best nightclubs in Dubai The best nightclubs in Dubai revealed. Where do you like to party?
In pictures: The 40 biggest gigs of the year Take a look back at the most memorable UAE concerts from the 2013/14 season
Your essential guide to Dubai Marina Food, drink, play and live in Dubai Marina
Why you should visit Old Dubai Insider's guide to the traditional heart of the city
Dubai's best cafés revealed Top spots which offer books, board games, shisha and more
Dubai's best buffets Loosen the belt and pile up your plate at these all-you-can eat packages
The UAE’s best swim-up bars Refresh your body and your thirst at these poolside spots
86 Friday brunches to try Time for brunch? We run through the options - in price order
Dubai's must-visit mini malls Bigger doesn't always mean better...
How to... 24 must-have Dubai skills From lighting a barbecue to getting a driving licence
...and RELAX: 25 must-try spa treatments From ocean-view treatment rooms at the Burj Al Arab to faultless facials...
Must-see Dubai sights Nine iconic attractions no tourist or resident should miss
Dubai's best breakfasts Brilliant breakfast dishes from around the world available in Dubai