Sponsored Content: From sand art to spa days get away with Jumeirah this summer
Time Out Dubai Staff
As part of its 90 Ways to Summer campaign, Jumeirah has put together a huge amount of experiences for you to indulge in this season. Spend a day paddle boarding, learn how to create sand art, go wall climbing, relax in a floatation tank, chill in the pool, visit Burj Al Arab Jumeirah and much, much more with these incredible deals.
Leave your passport at home, head out and make the most of all the amazing staycation offers. To view the entire list of Jumeirah’s 90 Ways to Summer offers, head to www.jumeirah.com/en/90-ways-to-summer
Jumeirah Beach Hotel’s La Parrilla is putting together an authentic Argentinian experience this summer, perfect for meat lovers. Dhs750 per couple gets you a whopping 1.2 kg of Argentinian Rib Eye, plus a bottle of South African red or white grape. Couple this with views of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, and you’re on to a winner. Dhs750. Mon-Sat 5pm-11.30pm. La Parrilla, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Umm Suqeim, email@example.com (04 432 3232).
2) Dine in the sky Al Muntaha at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is offering a brilliant three-course lunch menu for Dubai residents, for Dhs395 per person. Take your seat 200 metres high in the sky and enjoy first class dining at one of Dubai’s most iconic landmarks.
Dhs395 per person. Daily 12.30pm-3pm. Until September 30. Al Muntaha, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Umm Suqeim, BAArestaurants@jumeirah.com (04 301 7600).
3) Dine with a view Change your view by seeing the other side of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah. Have lunch or dinner at Scape Restaurant, and visit the terrace of this iconic building. With a three-course set menu available for just Dhs250 per person, you’ll find it hard deciding between taking photos of the food, or photos of the skyline. Dhs250 per person. Daily noon-3.30pm, 6pm-1am. Until September 30. Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Umm Suqeim, BAARestaurants@jumeirah.com (04 301 7600).
Stay cool and drift away with your own personal floating cabana at Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Get refreshments and cold towels delivered by a butler and make the experience extra special. Dhs100 per hour. Daily 10am-6pm. Until September 30. Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Umm Suqeim (04 406 8800).
5) Embark on a water tour Enjoy a guided tour with a bit of a difference around the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, along the shores of Madinat Jumeirah and Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Head out in a group of 8-10 on stand up paddle boards or kayaks for Dhs100 per person (for hotel guests). Dhs100. Daily. Until September 30. Madinat Jumeirah, Umm Suqeim (04 366 8888).
6) Enjoy a taste of summer This summer you’ll be able to try a series of signature mixed drinks and mocktails at Gold On 27 at Dubai’s Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, followed by a three-course seasonal set menu from Scape Restaurant for Dhs275. Dhs275. Daily 6pm-11pm. Until September 30. Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Umm Suqeim, BAArestaurants@jumeirah (04 301 7600).
7) Float away from stress Experience complete relaxation and 100 percent private quality time in the saltwater floatation tank at Talise Spa in Jumeirah Emirates Towers. Dhs200 for 30 minutes and Dhs350 for 60 minutes. From Dhs200. Daily 9am-10pm. Jumeirah Emirates Towers, JETtalise@jumeirah.com (04 319 8181).
8) Friday brunch at Tortuga Enjoy a classic Mexican style fiesta with Friday brunch at Tortuga, which features a live band, a huge menu of authentic Mexican flavours, as well as drinks. Packages start from Dhs325 with soft drinks. House beverage packages available at Dhs395. From Dhs325. Fri 12.30pm-4pm. Until September 30. Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Madinat Jumeirah, Umm Suqeim, firstname.lastname@example.org (04 432 3232).
9) Get 25 percent off a stay at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah Until the end of 2017, UAE nationals and residents are being treated to a special rate at the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah. Book now to get 25 percent off best available suite rates and a bundle of extras thrown in on top. Complimentary breakfast, access to five swimming pools, full size Hermes amenities, complimentary hor d’oeuvres and beverages are included. 25 percent off for UAE residents. Until December 31. Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Umm Suqeim (04 301 7400).
10) Get quizzical at D&A The quiz night at D&A is the best place to gather your friends and test your general knowledge. Every Tuesday, teams compete to win a selection of prizes, with great offers on food and drinks. Free. Tue 8pm-10pm. D&A, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, email@example.com (04 406 8720).
11) Go wall climbing Adults and kids can both get individually guided sessions on the 6.4-metre-tall climbing wall with certified instructors at Talise Fitness. Free for hotel guests and members during select hours, Dhs70 per hour outside of designated times. Dhs70 per person per hour. Daily 9am-noon, 3pm-8pm. Until September 30. Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Madinat Jumeirah, Umm Suqeim, MJtalisefitness@jumeirah.com (04 366 6821).
Enjoy a yoga class under the early morning sun on this Palm Jumeirah private beach, with a 60-minute class to calm and rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. Then enjoy a healthy breakfast and experience a 60-minute Green Tea Hammam, with further access to Talise Ottoman Spa facilities. Dhs595 per person. Thu 8.30am. Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, Palm Jumeirah, firstname.lastname@example.org (04 453 0455).
13) Have tea in the clouds Skyview Bar offers the city’s most iconic afternoon tea at the summit of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, with breath-taking Gulf, beach and city views that stretch until the horizon. Spend some pampered time with your head in the clouds. This offer is exclusively available for GCC residents. Dhs500. Daily 1pm, 1.15pm, 4pm and 4.15pm. Skyview Bar, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Umm Suqeim, BAArestaurants@jumeirah.com (04 301 7600).
14) Ladies night at Wild Wadi Waterpark Between 8pm and midnight every Thursday until the end of summer, Wild Wadi Waterpark becomes a ladies-only resort, featuring an all-female team of lifeguards. Dhs155 per person (under 1.1-metres-tall), Dhs195 per person (over 1.1-metres-tall). Thu 8pm-midnight. Until September 30. Wild Wadi Waterpark, Umm Suqeim, email@example.com (04 348 4444).
15) Learn to cook the ultimate steak
Get hands on at The Hide, with a culinary class guiding guests to cook the perfect steak. Under the expert eye of The Hide’s chefs, you’ll learn all you need to know about meat – from the prep through to the grill. Dhs595. Daily. Until September 30. The Hide, Jumeirah Al Qasr, Umm Suqeim, firstname.lastname@example.org (04 432 3232).
16) Relax completely At Talise Spa Madinat Jumeirah, a 60-minute medium-pressure Balinese massage uses a variety of techniques including skin rolling, kneading, gentle stretching and reflexology to improve your circulation and relax your mind, body and soul. From Dhs550. Daily. Talise Spa, Jumeirah Al Qasr, Umm Suqeim, MJtalise@jumeirah.com (04 366 8888).
17) Roll your own sushi Ever wanted to know how to roll your very own maki or California rolls? Well, at Jumeirah Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi you can do just that. Get one-on-one time with chef Ando from restaurant Tori No Su, and learn to make your very own delicacies. Dhs50. Wed Aug 16, Wed Aug 23 4.30pm-5.30pm. Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, Abu Dhabi, JADrestaurants@jumeirah.com (02 811 5666).
18) Spa and pool day at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel At Akaru Spa, at the Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, you can immerse yourself in 90 minutes of bliss. Revel in reflexology and a signature massage, then drift away in the rooftop pool overlooking Dubai’s skyline. Dhs455. Daily 9am-10am. Until September 30. Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Garhoud, JCHakaruspa@jumeirah.com (04 230 8565).
19) Summer staycation across all Jumeirah Hotels UAE residents receive discounted rates at Jumeirah hotels and restaurant offers across the city throughout summer, plus complimentary access to Wild Wadi Waterpark with any stay. City stays at Jumeirah Emirates Towers and Jumeirah Creekside come with 20 percent off bed and breakfast rates, plus a complimentary breakfast and a choice of lunch or dinner in more than 60 restaurants across the UAE. Until September 30. All Jumeirah Hotels across Dubai (04 364 7555)
20) Take a culinary abra tour Hop on one of Dubai’s iconic water vessels and take a culinary journey through the waterways of Madinat Jumeirah. Stop along the way and dine at three iconic restaurants - The Hide, Zheng He’s and Tortuga. Dhs888 per couple. Until September 30. Jumeirah Al Qasr and Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Madinat Jumeirah, Umm Suqeim (04 366 8888).
21) The ladies’ floor at Chopard The dedicated Chopard ladies’ floor offers you both luxury and exclusivity at Jumeirah Emirates Towers. Expect Chopard amenities in private cosmetic refrigerators and a superior level of pampering by an entirely dedicated female personnel. From Dhs550 per room per night. Until September 30. Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Sheikh Zayed Road, JETinfo@jumeirah.com (04 330 0000).
22) Turn the sand into art Guests of Jumeirah Beach Hotel can experience a lesson in sand art with the resident artist, Nathaniel Alapide. Why not take the classical route and create your very own Mona Lisa, or simply have fun in making your own designs. Free for hotel guests. Thu-Mon 10.30am-11am. Until September 30. Jumeirah Beach Hotel (04 348 0000).
23) Unleash your inner artist One of the most mesmerisingly brilliant forms of artistry, you can learn to create sand art in a bottle at Souk Madinat Jumeirah. A beautiful sunset, a stunning landscape or a colourful array of art – whatever you imagine, you can create. Prices vary. Daily 10am-11pm. Souk Madinat Jumeirah, Umm Suqeim, email@example.com (04 366 8888).
OUR FAVOURITE FEATURES
Luxury Bulgari resort opens in Dubai
Private villas, suites, beaches, restaurants and more come to Jumeira Bay
VAT in the UAE: what’s going to be affected
From January 1 there will be a 5 percent tax on these goods and services in the UAE
Stranger Things milkshake arrives at Dubai’s Black Tap
Eggos and edible Christmas tree lights feature in latest freakshake