Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
New Year's Eve offer
Choose from five restaurants – The RibRoom, Voi, Lalezaar, Al Nafoorah, International Grand Gourmet Buffet and Imperium – with a five-course dinner available from each. Price inclusive of reception at Sultan’s Lounge. Dhs3,900 (with premium beverages and bubbly), Dhs1,500 (children aged four-12), free (children under four) (Wednesday)
The architects behind Zabeel Saray have been inspired by the Ottoman Empire. Opulence pours from every wall and it feels grand, but slightly overwhelming, too – you wouldn’t want to walk into this place in scruffy shorts and flip flops. Rooms and suites are as luxurious as it gets but it has a more classical feel, so the vibe is elegant rather than tacky. There are some new dining experiences (and we do mean experiences) to be had here, such as Al Nafoorah for Lebanese cuisine (make sure you order the mezze) and Amala for good, high-end Indian fare. Afterwards, head to the C Club, where you can puff on specialty cigars and nibble on chocolates while looking out to sea. Our only gripe is that you’ll spend a good half hour trying to get out of the palace-like hotel on the Palm and into the city, as taxis are few and far between.
• The Talise Ottoman Spa at this resort boasts 42 individual spa rooms and suites, an indoor swimming pool and three authentic Turkish hammams.
• There are four signature dining restaurants here, including Al Nafoorah, Amala, Lalezar and Voi, while casual dining options include Imperium, Ixir, Plaj and the Sultan’s Lounge. Together they represent flavours from across the globe.
• After your meal, check out Voda Bar. It serves great cocktails and has its own sushi bar, if you’re still feeling peckish.
• Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is close to The Walk, Dubai Marina and Aquaventure waterpark.
• It’s worth paying a visit to Atlantis, also on the Palm Jumeirah, to check out Dolphin Bay where you can get up- close and personal with some of the friendliest sea creatures around.By Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews