Mina A'Salam, Madinat Jumeirah
Giant hotel with its own Venetian waterways, beach access and an indoor souk 3 Reviews
This award-winning brunch is all about al-fresco dining, though there are plenty of shaded areas and inside seating during hotter months. Aside from the colourful array of cuisine, there’s a mind-boggling range of drinks on offer. Dhs390 (soft drinks), Dhs465 (selected beverages and sparkling grape), Dhs220 (children aged eight to 12) free for children under eight Timings: 12.30pm-3.30pm (Friday)
This hotel is like a page out of the history books. It's lobby is furnished with fountains, polished stone and scented flowers, and reception staff are decked out in elegant robes. It’s located in the Madinat Jumeirah resort, a faux ‘traditional souk’, complete with chilled-out bars, perfect for some shisha while lounging on a beanbag. It’s home to some good (if pricey) souvenir stores and plenty of award-winning restaurants and bars. Not that you’ll be in a hurry to get away from the hotel because it has some wonderful dining options too, such as Zheng He, which made Time Out’s Highly Commended list for the best Chinese food recently. Rooms are large, comfortable and Arabic-style with Persian carpets and ornate designs. Mina A’Salam translates to 'harbour of peace', so what you can expect is a good night’s sleep.
• Facilities at Mina A’ Salam include the popular Talise Spa that has expert therapists on hand to take care of your every wish, whether it’s a massage, nutritional guidance or meditation and yoga by the beach.
• The Quay Healthclub on site also offers fitness classes, but you can just as easily swim laps in the 25-metre indoor pool.
• Enjoy modern comfort food at The Wharf and both international and local specialties at Al Muna. Make sure you drop in for sundowners at Bahri Bar, where you can enjoy Arabic mezze and cocktails while overlooking the Burj Al Arab.
• It’s close to Wild Wadi waterpark and Jumeirah beach.
• Take an abra (a small traditional wooden boat) along the canals of the Madinat; it’s the only way to arrive at one of Time Out's many award-winning restaurants.By Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews