One&Only The Palm
With an exclusive island getaway feel, the One&Only The Palm has a classy St. Tropez vibe, complete with a honeymoon atmosphere. Be warned though, it’s located on the tip of the Palm, so catching a cab back into the city can take time. But, it does mean there are fantastic views of the mainland to enjoy and it is also one of the quietest five-star resorts in town. Rooms here will blow you away, even the most basic option is a secluded, tri-level ‘Manor House’ – but be sure to insist on a beach view or you might be left looking out at a less glamorous pathway. The One&Only The Palm has three restaurants and if you only try one, make it STAY by Yannick Alléno, which was Highly Commended at Time Out’s Restaurant Awards 2011 for Best Newcomer. The spa is well worth a visit, here you’ll be pampered in your own private spa suite, but if you’re a gent, you probably won’t appreciate being told you can’t use the spa until after 6pm.
• The One&Only Private Spa has lush treatment suites with their own private garden, so it’s definitely pampering at its finest.
• Other highlights at the resort include the temperature-controlled outdoor lap pool and fully-equipped fitness centre where you can tone up to your heart’s content.
• Featuring a selection of local and international cuisine, the resort has three stylish restaurants – ZEST, STAY by Yannick Alléno and 101, all under the culinary guidance of Michelin-starred chef Yannick Alléno. Beach bar 101 takes beachside chic to another level.
• It's close to the Atlantis Palm Jumeirah, Dubai Marina and Jumeirah Beach.
• Make sure you take the ferry service from the One&Only Royal Mirage on the mainland to the One&Only The Palm, so you can arrive in style.
Time Out Dubai,