Atlantis The Palm
Dubai's largest hotel is a packed with family-friendly features on The Palm 27 Reviews
Valentine's Day offer
Nothing beats al fresco dining under the stars, and there's no better way to say "I love you" than with a Valentine's dinner on the beach. Complete a perfect evening with a bottle of bubbly, a tantalizing set menu and a little romantic stargazing. Dhs3650 per couple including a bottle of bubbly Timings: 8pm-midnight (Saturday)
As soon as you enter Atlantis on the Palm Jumeirah, you’ll realise you’ve arrived some place very special. There’s a colourful 3,000-piece glass sculpture in the lobby and the hotel has a unique, nautical-themed decor. While there’s a chance anything built around a theme can go horribly wrong, Atlantis gets it right. The hotel is almost a city in itself – sure, there are pools, tennis courts, a spa and health club, but what makes Atlantis stand out is the fact that it has so much more, including its own waterpark, dive centre, a dolphin education centre as well as The Lost Chambers – a tribute to Atlantis and home to 65,000 marine animals – a nightclub exclusively for teenagers and its own helicopter service. There are over 1,000 rooms and more than 100 suites, but if you can, book one of the Imperial Club rooms. These include access to the Club Lounge, which is worth the cost as there’s a great selection of free food and drinks. Seventeen fine restaurants, bars and lounges offering a great selection of cuisines will be vying for your culinary satisfaction otherwise.
• Atlantis offers over 1.4 kilometres of beach access, so you can enjoy a range of activities from volleyball to football. There’s also two swimming pools, the ShuiQi spa and fitness centre, floodlit tennis courts, boutique stores and a kids’ club with amazing activities.
• Atlantis is home to Aquaventure waterpark, that features the highest waterslide in the Middle East, Dolphin Bay where you can get up- close and personal with everyone’s favourite sea creatures and the Atlantis Dive Centre.
• There are 17 restaurants, bars and lounges, including Time Out’s best steakhouse winner Seafire, seafood restaurant Ossiano, the first Nobu in the Middle East (also Highly Commended in the awards), Rostang by French chef Michel Rostang and Ronda Locatelli by celebrity chef Giorgio Locatelli. Every flavour preference is also catered for in casual dining options, such as Saffron, but you can also enjoy poolside snacks at The Edge or al fresco meals at Nasimi Beach. After dark, Nasimi Beach is where you need to be for cocktails, beanbags, shisha and the hottest music nights in Dubai during the winter months.
• For a fantastic view of the Palm Jumeirah from the mainland, head to beach bar Jetty Lounge at the One&Only Royal Mirage, only a ten minute cab ride away.
• Every Tuesday night, ladies get free champagne under the stars.By Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews