Jumeirah Emirates Towers
Business hotel stands out as one of Dubai's picture postcard icons 1 Reviews
One of the first five-star hotels to be built in Dubai was Jumeirah Emirates Towers, located in what is now Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC). It’s perfect for those visiting for business, as well as pleasure. Perched above a chic, designer fashion boulevard, the twin towers are sleek, glass beauties that comprise 400 sumptuous rooms and suites. For some of the best views in town, head to Vu's Bar on the 51st floor for a quiet drink and cigar, while new pool bar Clique is more of a lively spot. For shoppers, Gucci, Chloe, Lanvin and more await downstairs and Jimmy Choo also has an outlet here. In terms of nightlife, you’re right on Sheikh Zayed Road, where you can carry the fashion theme on at either Roberto Cavalli’s Cavalli Club at The Fairmont Dubai, or hit Armani/Privé in Giorgio Armani’s first hotel in the world famous Burj Khalifa.
• Dubai’s mostloved karaoke bar can be found within the complex. Harry Ghatto’s is a famous sushi restaurant/Japanese bar which fills up with post brunch ‘singers’ every Friday evening.
• If you’re still hankering for fashion, head over to the Gate Village at DIFC for boutique shops, including Vivienne Westwood’s flagship store.
• One of Dubai’s best Japanese restaurants, Zuma, (Highly Commended at the Time Out Restaurant Awards 2011), can be found in nearby DIFC. The miso black cod is out of this world.
• For lip-smacking steak and ribs, head to the newly renovated The Rib Room, where you can get a two-course lunch for Dhs100.
• Guests at the hotel get complimentary access to Wild Wadi, one of the city’s waterparks.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews