Grosvenor House Dubai
The first hotel to open at Dubai Marina, this 45-story tower hotel is home to Dubai’s only Buddha Bar 6 Reviews
The first hotel to open at Dubai Marina, this 45-story tower hotel is home to Dubai’s only Buddha Bar. It’s also where you’ll find Indego by Vineet, Time Out’s Highly Commended choice for Best Indian restaurant, and other great eateries that, while expensive, aren’t outrageously priced. The breakfast at Sloane’s is superb and if you fancy good old English fare, you won’t be disappointed. The hotel has a range of rooms and suites, while the staff and management really are a credit to the hotel. You may decide to go for the cheapest Deluxe Room, but book a Club Room instead – it costs no more than Dhs200 extra, but will allow you access to the Grosvenor Club Lounge on the 44th Floor, which has stunning views and complimentary food and drinks. Grosvenor also has a prime location, but none of the crawling traffic neighbouring Jumeirah Beach Residence is known for. You’re just a short walk away from popular nightspots and there’s a handy shuttle service available to the mall. Noise from construction on Grosvenor House Tower Two, which is expected to open in August, can be bothersome, but it’s not as bad as you’ll find at other hotels.
• The Retreat Health Club and Spa is great if you want to recharge, but if you want to swim laps around a pool or sunbathe by the beach, you’ll have to head over to the nearby Le Royal Méridien Beach Resort & Spa which all Grosvenor House guests can make use of.
• There’s the world-famous Buddha Bar, Turkish restaurant Ottomans, Rhodes Mezzanine for signature British cuisine with French flair from Michelin star celebrity chef Gary Rhodes, the Deli cafe and popular ‘no menu’ Sloane’s for fresh food prepared all through the day at open show kitchens.
• There are plenty of other places you can enjoy a drink – Leaves with its quiet library atmosphere, The Gallery for live music, and Bar 44 for fantastic views and champagne.
• Locals tend to head for the stunningly located Dubai Marina Yacht Club which offers happy hour deals post 7pm.
• If it’s a Monday, take the shuttle bus to Le Royal Méridien Beach Resort & Spa and head to the Barista beach bar where you’ll find 50 per cent off on selected drinks.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews