Dubai's own Shangri-la comes with excellent spa facilities and a convenient Sheikh Zayed Road location 1 Reviews
Arabian-inspired luxury comes in the shape of the 43-floored, 200-metre tall Shangri-La hotel Dubai, situated only five minutes from Dubai Mall and Downtown on Sheikh Zayed Road. The hotel’s sleek finish and excellent service is apparent the moment you’re ushered in. The 302 rooms and suites all come with free Wi-Fi and the bathrooms are stocked with L’Occitane goodies. The hotel’s home to one of Time Out’s Highly Commended restaurants, Hoi An – an intimate Vietnamese eatery whose delicate flavours won over our reviewers this year. Moroccan cuisine is also well represented by Marrakesh, located in an Arabic courtyard. The spa offers a diverse range of treatments, including hot stone massage, raindrop therapy and Balinese massage, all perfect for soothing tired shoppers. And if you need more time out, simply head up to the rooftop pool or to the local beach in Jumeirah – only a few minutes away by taxi.
• You’re surrounded by fantastic restaurant choices. Head a few doors down to Towers Rotana Hotel to try Teatro – a modern, international restaurant with a huge local fan base.
• Glam rooftop pool bar iKandy regularly attracts Dubai’s beautiful people. Reserve a table and then head up after 6pm.
• If you like sushi, then visiting Okku at The Fairmont Dubai is a prerequisite. Seriously drool-worthy food, soaked up with some of the city’s best cocktails.
• If the rooftop pool isn’t enough for you, then head out to the Palm to visit Aquaventure – the huge aquapark that even has slides that go through pools of sharks.
• Imbibe some local culture and book a tour of the nearby Jumeirah Mosque on Beach Road. They let visitors enter in the mornings on Tue, Thu, Sat and Sun.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews