There are several beachfront hotels along the trendy district of Jumeirah Beach Residence, ranging from the Ritz Carlton to the older Hilton and Sheraton, all of which are found along The Walk, Dubai’s cafe-laden oceanfront promenade. The Amwaj Rotana, while lacking its own private beach, still manages to compete through its enviable laid-back approach and impressive facilities. The rooms boast some of the best sea views in Dubai, stretching from the Marina entrance to the mighty Burj Al Arab, and the restaurants – Italian, Rosso, in particular – are worthy of a visit, regardless of whether you’re a guest or not. It’s worth noting that The Walk’s notorious weekend traffic – the sound of revving Ferraris, in particular – can be incredibly noisy come the weekend, especially if you are located on the lower floors. The slow lifts might also drive you to distraction, but Amwaj is still one of the best value for money options in the Marina.
• Work out in the fully-equipped gym and fitness centre or swim laps in the temperature-controlled outdoor pool.
• Try Italian at Rosso or international eats in Horizon. Ladies get two free drinks every single night of the week at the former.
• Whatever you do, don’t miss out on dining at Benihana, offering steaks, seafood and sushi on the menu.
• The Atrium lobby lounge cafe and Sundeck pool bar are good for light snacks and drinks.
• Amwaj Rotana is near to Dubai Marina, Dubai Marina Mall, Ibn Battuta Mall and Jumeirah Beach.By Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews