Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach
New hotel on The Walk, with an impressive brunch (featuring a cheese room), beach access and the BodyTalk spa 1 Reviews
Early Mövenpicks in Dubai have always been in busy downtown areas, so opening at this beachside location was a good move. Rooms at this hotel are spacious enough and have some pretty sea views, but it’s the spread at breakfast that impresses. After that, though, there aren’t too many options to eat at the Mövenpick and so it’s just as well that’s it on The Walk, home to a dozen restaurants within walking distance. Be prepared for a long wait to get down, though, as there are only three elevators that service all the levels. Probably better to just kick back and relax by the infinity pool where you can lounge in cabanas and take in views of the Arabian Gulf. Staff are quick to give advice on what to do in and around the city, which we’d recommend over using Google when staying here, as internet charges can be quite high at the hotel. They also charge you by device, so if you’re using a smartphone and a laptop, you’ll be left with a hefty bill.
• There’s an outdoor infinity pool that overlooks the sea and a health club and spa if you want to let off some steam.
• Dine at The Talk Restaurant & Lounge – a three-pronged concept outlet that offers international cuisine, daily themed nights and entertainment, and an a la carte sushi bar. The West Beach Bistro & Sports Lounge serves up a modern twist on pub classics, while The Falls Lobby Lounge is the perfect spot for light bites.
• The hotel is near to Jumeirah Beach, Dubai Marina Mall, Dubai Marina Yacht Club, Ibn Battuta Mall and Dubai Marina Walk.
• Every Tuesday, ladies can enjoy free flow bubbly at bar/restaurant The Talk.
• For some of the best beach views with your drinks, head to chilled bar Wavebreakers at the Hilton just over the road.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews