The Habtoor Grand Beach Resort & Spa
For a grand opulent entry into Dubai’s rich Marina-based life, look no further than the Habtoor. A favourite stay of the international jet-set, including the Beckhams, this rather ornate (and occasionally over-the-top) hotel takes resort living to a new level. While its twin towers have been surrounded by construction lately, this is nearly over. Once inside, families have their pick of outside pools, kids’ clubs, a private beachfront and plenty of restaurant options, including mighty racks of ribs at Grand Grill, homemade pizzas at Luciano's or sleek and modern sushi at Bonsai, on one of the highest floors overlooking the Gulf. If you want to sit back and unwind with a cocktail in hand, there are plenty of opportunities here too, such as the al fresco bar Horizon Lounge, while the hotel is also home to the XL Beach Club, which hosts international DJs and artists. Rooms are extensive and have a contemporary feel that's meant to bring Arabic hospitality to life. If you can, book one of the higher up Tower rooms for the best sea vistas. Be prepared to pack your best Louboutins, you'll need them to fit in among the sleek Porsches and Lamborghinis that pull up here.
• Swim in two pools which are surrounded by landscaped gardens, but if you want some real action, there’s also four floodlit tennis courts, two squash courts, a fitness centre, watersports and all the beach football and volleyball you can handle.
• The resort includes 12 themed bars and restaurants for all tastes – Thai, Lebanese, Italian, international, pub grub at English boozer The Underground, signature dishes and fresh seafood; they have it all. Don’t miss the live grills at new bar Salamar.
• It’s close to Dubai Media City, Jumeirah Beach, Dubai Marina, The Walk at JBR and the Palm Jumeirah.
• Their private beach is known to throw a mean party. Flo Rida recently crooned here, so be on the lookout for more stars on the sand.
• Looking for a better view? Throw yourself out of a plane next door at Skydive Dubai and see the Palm from the air.By Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews