One&Only Royal Mirage
Ornate low rise hotel with distinctive Arabian decoration and romantic beach 1 Reviews
The venue: Enjoy a uniquely Arabian evening in the atmospheric courtyard and garden. Make yourself comfortable on majlis cushions and explore the delights of traditional mezze as you enjoy traditional Arabian music in a stunning canopied venue.
Iftar: Not available.
Suhoor: The Arabian Courtyard celebrates the traditions of Ramadan in the elegant temperature-controlled ‘Peregrine Garden’ courtyard. Treat yourself to a wide selection of hot and cold mezze, shawarma’s and manakeesh with a wide selection of oriental sweets.
Extras: Traditional oud and tabla performances.
Prices: Cover charge of Dhs50 per person.
Bookings accepted? Accepted, with no minimum spend or number of people. (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
It can be hard sometimes to escape the modern metropolis that is Dubai, but once through the gates of the One&Only Royal Mirage you’ll have no problems forgetting the skyscrapers and traffic, and fall in love with ‘Old Arabia’. One of the most secluded and hidden-away hotels in Jumeirah on 65 acres of manicured lawns and beach frontage, the One&Only is for those that want to seriously relax. Having said that, the hotel is home to one of the city’s hottest beach bars, Jetty Lounge, where you can sit and watch the Palm’s many luxury boats and Dubai’s beautiful people. Restaurants include Tagine, with sumptuous Middle Eastern dishes (try its delicious namesake) and Eauzone, which is well-known for some spectacular poolside dining; it’s nothing if not romantic. After all that food, you’ll need a lie down and where better than in the Health and Beauty Institute – get pampered, preened and ready to go again. Dubai never sleeps, although we’d defy you not to, in the hotel’s divine beds.
• You’re in good company. The hotel is right next door to the palace of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Prime Minister and Vice President of the UAE, Ruler of Dubai.
• Every room or suite has sea views and its own private balcony and terrace, so you don’t have to move very far to lounge in the sun.
• You’re located at the base of the Palm Jumeirah, home to Nasimi Beach beach parties.
• Spend a day on one of many journies of relaxation in the traditional Oriental hammam.
• Get out on the ocean and go deep sea fishing. The hotel can arrange various water-based excursions.By Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews