Ibis Al Barsha
Ibis have a good reputation for being a decent budget option and the hotel in Al Barsha lives up to that, with rooms for as little as Dhs300 (half that during the summer). While the rooms are small and have surprisingly little ventilation, they have all the basics. The bathrooms, however, are some of the smallest you’ll ever come across (good luck if you’re over six feet tall or not a skinny minnie). Unfortunately, the rooms don’t come with any added extras (like a fridge or mini-bar), but still the beds are comfortable enough, the breakfast is actually quite tempting and there’s free Wi-Fi in the lobby and bar. Food and drinks prices are expensive, so we’d recommend walking over to the Mall of the Emirates and making the most of their food court. The hotel’s Baharat restaurant is known for its all-you-can-eat deals with weekend seafood and steak nights a bargain Dhs95.
• In terms of facilities, there’s fitness equipment, Wi-Fi and a shoe shine machine.
• On the last Friday of every month, Latin bar Casa Latina hosts Dubai's premier rock and indie night, Loaded.
• The Madison Bar is a place for pretty much everything – you can dine, watch the latest match, play board games or just enjoy a quiet drink with friends.
• It’s close to the Mall of the Emirates, The Palm, TECOM, Dubai Media City and Dubai Internet City.
• When at Casa Latina, ask about their selection of Cuban cigars that you can enjoy with your drinks.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,