Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
New Year Eve’s Ultimate Dine-Around
The Ultimate Dine-Around New Year Eve includes international buffet at A.O.C. French Brasserie, modern Italian delicacies at Rococo, Irish comfort food at The Hub and party at Infini Pool Lounge as well as free flow on selected beverages and a glass of bubbly. Dhs1800 per person. New Year’s Eve package is complimentary for children up to the age of 12 and Dhs300 between the ages of 12 to 18 (maximum 2 kids free per paying adult) Timings: 8pm 31 December 2013
The Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach hotel is a good bit cheaper than most resorts on the Palm, and just as good. It’s got a modern city feel – there’s a giant tree with lights hanging off it in the lobby, but aside from that, it’s quite tasteful (not always a requisite in Dubai). Rooms here definitely have a luxurious feel, but try and book one on the higher floors to get the best view (and value for money). The outdoor pool is adequate, especially when it goes into the shade for about an hour during the sweltering summer months, but the area can be booked for private events, so you might not even get to dip in if you’re only here for a short stay. There are only two restaurants at this hotel and they are both towards the fine dining level, so if you’ve got messy kids in tow, you’re better off choosing an option outside on The Walk.
• There’s a fitness centre and an outdoor heated pool, but if you just want to feel pampered, try the beauty salon treatments that use products by Carita or get a relaxing full-body massage.
• Fine dining options come in the form of Rococo, that serves classic yet contemporary Italian dishes, and the AOC French Brasserie, a chic venue that offers French classics, a traditional patisserie and rotisserie.
• It’s close to the Dubai Marina Walk, Jumeirah Beach, Dubai Marina Mall and Dubai Marina Yacht Club.
• Don’t miss the Friday brunch at AOC French Brasserie where, for less than Dhs300, you can have your fill of delicious European flavours, served up along with sparkling wine and other selected drinks.
• If you're a night owl, head for the Dubai Marina Yacht Club and watch the million-dollar playthings of the rich and famous bobbing on the water.By Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out Dubai,