Grand Hyatt Dubai
With 674 rooms, the Grand Hyatt is an impressive exercise in hotel-based bombast 1 Reviews
Grand Hyatt Dubai towers over the edge of Dubai's historic creek and has one of the biggest lobbies we’ve seen – go down the staircase and you’ll be in a jungle of sorts, complete with streams, trees and a boardwalk. The rooms are large, but could do with a makeover. Be sure to book one on higher floors if you want the best views of the city. The international breakfast spread the hotel puts on won’t disappoint hungry diners and service on the whole is efficient too; even more so poolside where attendants are all too happy to provide chilled face towels. Be warned however, the mini bars have sensors so even if you take something out for a closer look, you’ll be charged. At checkout, staff will make deductions if they verify it hasn’t been consumed, but it can get confusing. Grand Hyatt Dubai is close to the airport and there’s a shopping mall within walking distance, home of the some of the city’s best boutiques. Traffic in the area is always chaotic, especially during rush hour, but plan your trips around that and you’ll be fine.
• The Grand Spa was undergoing renovation at the time of going to print, but there’s a 24-hour fitness centre that features a high-tech gym, two squash courts and two tennis courts, along with a jogging track and a 20-metre indoor pool.
• Grand Hyatt Dubai has a total of 14 food and beverage outlets, ensuring that every cuisine and preference is catered for, from Lebanese mezze at Awtar, choice cuts at Manhattan Grill and delicious pasta at Andiamo!, to South-East Asian food at Wox, Singaporean delights at Peppercrab, tandoor specialities at iZ and the best of Japanese at Sushi. For something more casual, head to The Market Cafe that has five open kitchens serving up delicious fare.
• For drinks with friends, choose from the Vinoteca wine bar, Al Nakheel Lounge, the Cooz jazz bar, the Panini Italian cafe and deli, and the Pool Bar.
• Nearby is the Dubai Creek, as well as Festival City and Wafi shopping malls.
• There’s a 10-screen cinema right next to the hotel where you can catch the latest blockbuster for just Dhs30 a ticket.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews