JW Marriott Dubai
Elegant Deira hotel which keeps up the chain's high international standards 3 Reviews
New Year's Eve offer
A family-friendly New Year’s Eve at The Market Place, Bamboo Lagoon and Hofbräuhaus restaurants Dhs450 (with soft drinks), Dhs550 (with house beverages), Dhs750 (with bubbly), Dhs150 (children aged five-12) (Wednesday)
New Year's Eve offer
Spend New Year’s Eve by the pool at this bar with a buffet. Dhs250 (with soft drinks), Dhs350 (with house beverages) (Wednesday)
Christmas Day offer
Lunches, brunches and dinners will be available at The Market Place, Bamboo Lagoon, Hofbrauhaus, Cucina and JW’s Steakhouse restaurants within the hotel. From Dhs350 (Thursday)
Christmas Eve offer
Bamboo Lagoon, Hofbräuhaus and The Market Place will come together for this Christmas Eve brunch featuring live carving stations and entertainment. Dhs350 (with soft drinks), Dhs450 (with house beverages), Dhs60 (for children aged six to 12) (Wednesday)
JW Marriott’s ‘Dinner Dine Around’
Sit in one of three outlets and tuck into international cuisine from them all. Dhs350 including house beverages, Dhs250 including soft beverages, Dhs60 for children aged 6-12 years. Free for children under 6 Timings: Noon-4.30pm (Thursday, Friday)
It can be a bit of a trek to get to the JW Marriott Dubai, as there’s always traffic in the narrow lanes of the business district of Deira, but once inside, you’ll forget all that. Rooms are sumptuous, but they do look a little dated. However, the prices are a fraction of what you’d pay at newer properties in trendy neighbourhoods, such as Dubai Marina. There’s a distinct '80s vibe about the place and while the hotel has a fine selection of restaurants (the JW Steakhouse is especially good), there are a number of budget dining options in the neighbourhood you can try out too. While here, make sure you take the time to explore the traditional spice souk in Deira that’s not too far from the hotel. And after a good walk about and a haggle, what’s better than to relax in the hotel’s rooftop pool.
• The Griffins Health Club not only has state-of-the-art gym equipment, but also offers fitness classes. There’s a whirlpool, rooftop swimming pool and a special Town Square kids' area for the little ones.
• There are 10 restaurants and bars, including Market Place for international fare, the Cucina Italian restaurant, JW’s Steakhouse (that was highly commended in Time Out’s Restaurant Awards), Champions Sports Bar, Hofbrauhaus German restaurant, the Asian fusion restaurant Bamboo Lagoon, the Piano Lounge, Atrium Café, Awafi for Middle Eastern food by the rooftop pool, the 24-hour Vienna Café and Waves Pool Bar.
• For a truly authentic Arabic setting, head to the Bastakiah Nights restaurant nearby. The outdoor courtyard, oversized coffee pots and chorus of evening prayers resonating from the mosques around Dubai Creek certainly give Bastakiah Nights an atmospheric edge.
• JW Marriott Dubai is next to the Hamarain Shopping Centre, Deira City Centre, Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club, Heritage Village and the gold souk.
• Find bargains on textiles and check out Arabic fashion at the Hamarain Shopping Centre, right next door.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,