Al Maha, A Luxury Collection Desert Resort And Spa
Iftar menu (Dates, Juices Fruits and soup included plus one entrees, Main course and Dessert to choose) Dhs490 per person - Suhoor menu: ( Juices, Yoghurt, Pastries & Breads, Fruits, Arabic Sweets, Tea and Coffee included plus one entrees, Main course to choose) Dhs260 per person (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
Nestled into a tiny corner of a desert conservation area which spans five per cent of the entire UAE, Al Maha is a luxurious bolthole. Tented, private Arabian villas are perched on a hill overlooking the soft, rolling sand dunes. Lounging next to your own infinity pool, you’ll see gazelles come to graze nearby. The hotel can arrange a number of outdoor activities, such as wildlife safari walks (and drives), falconry and camel riding. But most enchanting of all is the hotel’s innate sense of peace and quiet; it is a world away from the city down the road. No matter how long you plan on staying, make sure you arrive in time for the complimentary sunset champagne atop a soft sand dune to take in the beauty of this unique landscape. It's unforgettable.
• Al Maha’s Timeless Spa offers a range of treatments as well as early morning yoga.
• The hotel only has one restaurant, Al Diwaan, which offers breakfast, lunch and a five-course dinner, included in the room rate. It has a huge, al fresco terrace from which you can drink in the majestic vistas.
• The hotel also offers ‘Dune Dining’ where you can picnic among the sand hills.
• Al Maha is located around 45 minutes from Dubai on the Al Ain road, past the Outlet Mall.
• Don’t worry if you’re not in the know about desert flora and fauna, the 24/7 on-site conservationists will happily fill you in on anything you want to know about the area.
Time Out Dubai,