The Address, Downtown Dubai
Located in the same district where you’ll find Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest tower, the Address Downtown crosses the line between a business and leisure hotel rather well. The hotel’s look is all polished stone, dark walls and grand decor elements. While rooms are quite comfortable, they are medium-sized and not as large as you’d expect for the prices you’ll end up paying. The main draw is no doubt the private balconies and it’s worth insisting on a view of the Dubai Fountains – a spectacular light, sound and water show that was created by the same people behind the fountains of Bellagio in Las Vegas. There’s a great spread at the international breakfast buffet every morning, after which you’ll probably want to lounge by the infinity pool that cascades over five tiers. The Address Spa has a range of wellbeing treatments available – try it out, even if it’s just so you can enjoy some of the best views of the aforementioned fountains from their relaxation rooms.
• Watch the bustling action in Downtown all from the infinity pool. There’s also a fitness centre and library at the hotel.
• There are seven restaurants and lounges here – Saha Café, a contemporary lake-side coffee shop, the Chinese restaurant Hukuma, the outdoor poolside restaurant Zeta, a cosmopolitan blend of Asian, Indian, Arabic and Mediterranean cuisine at Fazaris and the Risala lobby lounge.
• If it’s a drink you’re after, try Calabar, a vibrant, Latin-inspired lounge and bar or Neos sky lounge on the 63rd floor – the views here will grab you by the eyes and drag you towards the glass.
• The world's largest shopping mall is on your doorstep, complete with a high-end Fashion Avenue.
• For seasonal British fare, served well and without pomp, head to the Rivington Grill at nearby Souk Al Bahar.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews