Jumeirah Beach Hotel
World famous wave shaped hotel next to the Burj Al Arab 1 Reviews
One of the most well-known hotels in Dubai, designed to look like a cresting wave, this regal hotel sits at the top of Jumeriah Beach Road and offers unparalleled views of the Burj Al Arab and what is known locally as Sunset Beach. The hotel is a five-star beach resort, with all the facilities, but for avid golfers it’s also located near Emirates Golf Course, which has an international championship Majlis course and a second Nick Faldo-designed green. Back at the resort, you’re also next door to Wild Wadi, one of two waterparks in Dubai. Despite being the slightly older one, many people prefer the kitsch theme and crazy rides compared to the slick (and busy) Aquaventure on the Palm. Kids will love it. The resort offers a range of rooms, suites and private villas which have their own pools and gardens, although with all the landscaped communal areas, pools and a private beach overlooking the Burj Al Arab, we can’t imagine you’ll spend much time in your room.
• Head to Beachcombers, a beautiful wooden hut-style Thai restaurant right on the beach which has space for large families.
• For sundowners, Uptown Bar is one of Dubai’s highest bars and affords guests a view right across Dubai's Jumeirah area.
• Check out La Parilla, the hotel’s Latin American restaurant which was Highly Commended at the Time Out Restaurant Awards 2011.
• The hotel has more facilities than you could ever get through, including a marina, sports club, dive centre, kids' club, five swimming pools, tennis courts and a private beach.
• Want to escape it all? Hire a boat and jet off round the Palm.By Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews