A monolithic testament to all things stylish this business hotel on the Sheikh Zayed Road is a definition of 21st century Arabian chic. Often compared to a castle, it is actually based on the design of a traditional Arabic wind tower and boasts almost 400 rooms and suites. A recent $10m redevelopment of the hotel means the already stylish décor has been upgraded to the cutting edge of corporate fashion. Leisure travellers have access to 40,000 sq ft of spa facilities which combine the most luxurious and decadent elements of Roman, Turkish and Arabian ideals of relaxation. The hotel features 10 dining and entertainment venues and is situated just metres from DIFC, it is on the opposite side of Sheikh Zayed Road.
• An executive service known as the Fairmont Gold offers premium packages and services for those willing to pay a few dollars more for rooms.
• Don’t be confused if you think the hotel is changing colour. It has four illuminated turrets which change colour throughout the week and have taken on a unique place in Dubai’s cityscape.
• The hotel has proved popular with Arabic guests in recent years. The in-house Cavalli Club and 400 Club are often rumoured to be thronged with Lebanese celebrities and glamorous party people.
• Good Metro links make the majority of Dubai’s tourist attractions within easy reach should you wish to escape the confines of the business district.
• Sunrise and sunset decks and swimming pools give contrasting views across Sheikh Zayed Road.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews