Festive cake recipes
Time Out Kids's own cake-baking granny brings you some tasty Christmas treats
• 60g unsalted butter
• 60g soft brown or caster sugar
• 1 large egg
• Grated zest of an orange
• 60g self-raising flour
• 1 tbsp full of orange juice
• 4 ready to eat dried figs (or dates)
• 25g sultanas
• 70g glace cherries
• Preheat oven to 180°C, 350°F, or gas mark 4.
• Line a small muffin tin with paper cases.
• Cream the butter and sugar.
• Beat in the egg a little at a time, then stir through the orange zest to the mixture.
• Sift flour into the mixture, before lightly folding through.
• Stir in the orange juice, followed by dried fruit and the glace cherries.
• Spoon the mixture into the individual cases, being careful not to over-fill.
• Bake for approximately 14 minutes (keep an eye on them to ensure they don’t burn).
• When they look done, test one cake with a metal skewer – if it comes out clean, they’re cooked through. If not, return to the oven for another minute or two.
• Decorate with glace or writing icing, silver balls, festive shapes or just a dusting of icing sugar.
These four dreamy beds will have your kids...
Time Out Dubai has the best photos and pictures...
Keep your kids cool and casual with the latest...
It’s Dad’s turn to feel the love this month...