Festive cake recipes
Time Out Kids's own cake-baking granny brings you some tasty Christmas treats
• 60g unsalted butter
• 60g soft brown or caster sugar
• 1 large egg
• Grated zest of an orange
• 60g self-raising flour
• 1 tbsp full of orange juice
• 4 ready to eat dried figs (or dates)
• 25g sultanas
• 70g glace cherries
• Preheat oven to 180°C, 350°F, or gas mark 4.
• Line a small muffin tin with paper cases.
• Cream the butter and sugar.
• Beat in the egg a little at a time, then stir through the orange zest to the mixture.
• Sift flour into the mixture, before lightly folding through.
• Stir in the orange juice, followed by dried fruit and the glace cherries.
• Spoon the mixture into the individual cases, being careful not to over-fill.
• Bake for approximately 14 minutes (keep an eye on them to ensure they don’t burn).
• When they look done, test one cake with a metal skewer – if it comes out clean, they’re cooked through. If not, return to the oven for another minute or two.
• Decorate with glace or writing icing, silver balls, festive shapes or just a dusting of icing sugar.
Are you facing a letter to Santa you can’t...
The time has finally arrived! Dubai Parks &...
These four dreamy beds will have your kids...
Time Out Dubai has the best photos and pictures...