The Irish alternative rockers hit Chi on February 5. Here’s what you need to know…
Fancy impressing your mates with a bit of random trivia? Here are 10 facts about Snow Patrol that you might not know… • Snow Patrol started out as a student band at Dundee University in 1994. They've certainly come a long way since then!
• The band originally went by the name Polar Bear, before discovering that that there was already an act with that name.
• Apparently their worst ever gig was at a club in High Wycombe in 2001, where they played to just eighteen people.
• Eyes Open, the band's third album, was the biggest selling album of 2006 in the UK, with sales over two million copies to date.
• The band's single Just Say Yes was originally penned for Gwen Stefani, who apparently turned it down. It was later recorded by Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger for her unreleased solo album, before being reclaimed by the band.
• To date, Snow Patrol have sold an impressive seven million albums.
• Their music has been featured in a number of famous TV shows, including Gavin & Stacey, Grey's Anatomy and Smallville.
• In 2001, Gary Lightbody formed a side project called The Reindeer Section which includes band members from Snow Patrol, Idlewild and Belle & Sebastian to name but a few. While they haven't been active for more than seven years, Gary hasn't ruled out making another album with the group.
• The band have promised that their next album will see them heading in a new direction and will apparently indulge their secret love of dance music.
• Their first ever Greatest Hits album, entitled Up To Now was released on November 9th and includes a selection of their biggest hits, new tracks, b-sides and rarities.