Your guide to Ramadan with iftars, suhoors and cultural events
Islim kebab (serves two)
Prepare this snack with either lamb or beef Discuss this article
400g lamb (with or without bone or minced – whatever your preference)
2 medium-sized aubergines
1 onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 slices of tomato
2 pieces green peppers/
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper (to taste)
50g mozzarella (sliced)
50g tomato paste
• Pour olive oil into pan (medium heat).
• Add meat and cook until it browns.
• Add chopped vegetables and sauté for five minutes.
• Add the tomato paste, three cups of water and seasoning, and stir continuously.
• Cover with aluminium foil and place in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 30 minutes.
• Turn off the oven when the mix is tender.
• Slice the aubergine (lengthwise), leaving them to soak in salted water for five minutes.
• Remove aubergines from water, dry with a paper towel and then fry or grill them.
• Place the meat in eggplants and secure with a toothpick.
• Add the slices of tomato, mozzarella cheese and chilli pepper.
• Cook in oven for five minutes, then serve.By Oliver Robinson
Time Out Dubai,
Our favourite features
Best afternoon tea in Dubai Cake, sandwiches, tea and lashings of cream at Dubai afternoon teas
Best sushi in Dubai Oishii! Kiree! Sugoi! and welcome to the most enticing sushi in Dubai
Best beach clubs in Dubai Treat yourself to a day of sunbathing and waiter service at the beach
Dubai’s best outdoor bars 25 top places to spend a night under the stars
Best pizzas in Dubai From dial up to dine in we've eaten the best pizzas in Dubai
Dubai's best dim sum Recommended spots to sample this quintessential Chinese dining pastime
Dubai's best buffets Loosen the belt and pile up your plate at these all-you-can eat packages
86 Friday brunches to try Time for brunch? We run through the options - in price order
56 lunch-break buys Start your style revolution from the comfort of your desktop with these ...