Your guide to Ramadan with iftars, suhoors and cultural events
Islim kebab (serves two)
Prepare this snack with either lamb or beef Discuss this article
400g lamb (with or without bone or minced – whatever your preference)
2 medium-sized aubergines
1 onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 slices of tomato
2 pieces green peppers/
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper (to taste)
50g mozzarella (sliced)
50g tomato paste
• Pour olive oil into pan (medium heat).
• Add meat and cook until it browns.
• Add chopped vegetables and sauté for five minutes.
• Add the tomato paste, three cups of water and seasoning, and stir continuously.
• Cover with aluminium foil and place in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 30 minutes.
• Turn off the oven when the mix is tender.
• Slice the aubergine (lengthwise), leaving them to soak in salted water for five minutes.
• Remove aubergines from water, dry with a paper towel and then fry or grill them.
• Place the meat in eggplants and secure with a toothpick.
• Add the slices of tomato, mozzarella cheese and chilli pepper.
• Cook in oven for five minutes, then serve.
Time Out Dubai,
- Academic City(1)
- Arabian Ranches(2)
- Bur Dubai(8)
- Business Bay(1)
- Downtown Dubai(27)
- Dubai Internet City(1)
- Dubai Marina(22)
- Dubai Media City(2)
- Emirates Hills(1)
- Festival City(2)
- Green Community(1)
- International City(1)
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers(4)
- Nad Al Sheba(1)
- Oud Metha(7)
- Palm Jumeirah(12)
- Sheikh Zayed Road(21)
- The Gardens(2)
- Umm Suqeim(5)
Our favourite features
Selfie-worthy Dubai hotel lobbies Which Dubai hotel lobbies look so great you just have to take a picture?
Dubai’s celebrity fans Pictures that show how much the stars love Dubai
Travel: Great summer holidays 20 trips within six-and-a-half hours flying time from Dubai
29 burgers you have to try in Dubai Dubai burgers that are way more than just a patty and bun
Do something different in Dubai Ride the Seabreacher, enjoy a desert safari or book a table at a club in...
Dubai's best restaurants 2015 The 67 best restaurants in Dubai - this is where to eat out in Dubai
50 delicious recipes from Dubai chefs Learn how to whip up a food feast in the kitchen thanks to great Dubai c...
70 sunglasses you NEED to buy in Dubai Looking for some cool shades to get your through the Dubai summer?