Your guide to Ramadan with iftars, suhoors and cultural events
Islim kebab (serves two)
Prepare this snack with either lamb or beef Discuss this article
400g lamb (with or without bone or minced – whatever your preference)
2 medium-sized aubergines
1 onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 slices of tomato
2 pieces green peppers/
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper (to taste)
50g mozzarella (sliced)
50g tomato paste
• Pour olive oil into pan (medium heat).
• Add meat and cook until it browns.
• Add chopped vegetables and sauté for five minutes.
• Add the tomato paste, three cups of water and seasoning, and stir continuously.
• Cover with aluminium foil and place in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 30 minutes.
• Turn off the oven when the mix is tender.
• Slice the aubergine (lengthwise), leaving them to soak in salted water for five minutes.
• Remove aubergines from water, dry with a paper towel and then fry or grill them.
• Place the meat in eggplants and secure with a toothpick.
• Add the slices of tomato, mozzarella cheese and chilli pepper.
• Cook in oven for five minutes, then serve.By Oliver Robinson
Time Out Dubai,
- Al Quoz(1)
- Bur Dubai(4)
- Business Bay(2)
- Downtown Dubai(26)
- Dubai Marina(24)
- Dubai Media City(3)
- Emirates Hills(2)
- Festival City(6)
- Jebel Ali(1)
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers(1)
- Motor City(1)
- Oud Metha(4)
- Palm Jumeirah(17)
- Sheikh Zayed Road(27)
- The Gardens(4)
- Umm Suqeim(6)
Our favourite features
Dubai's best burgers From diner-style bites to gourmet towers of meat
Best karaoke bars in Dubai Don’t save your singing for the shower and hit these Dubai spots
17 new Friday brunches to try in Dubai We review the city’s newest Friday feasts
Best new clubs in Dubai 2014 New openings which have outlived the hype
Where to eat in Dubai Marina Try a new place to eat in Dubai's exclusive waterside neighbourhood
45 budget meals in Dubai Where to dine with a friend and still get change from a Dhs100 note
Best live music venues in Dubai Listen to all sorts of live music at these great Dubai venues
Must-see Dubai sights Nine iconic attractions no tourist or resident should miss
The SMALLEST things in Dubai In a city known for size, we look at the more miniscule things in life
The most stylish restaurants in Dubai Eight fashionable finds in the city
12 best steakhouses in Dubai A veritable carnivore's delight awaits
101 celebrities in the UAE The most famous faces spotted in the emirates throughout 2013
Best selling albums of 2013 The top 20 sellers in the UAE: Who comes out on top?
Around the world at Global Village Dubai Stop and shop across the globe at the UAE's cultural park
Iconic Dubai buildings explained We celebrate some of the city's less well-known architectural triumphs