Your guide to Ramadan with iftars, suhoors and cultural events
Islim kebab (serves two)
Prepare this snack with either lamb or beef Discuss this article
400g lamb (with or without bone or minced – whatever your preference)
2 medium-sized aubergines
1 onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 slices of tomato
2 pieces green peppers/
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper (to taste)
50g mozzarella (sliced)
50g tomato paste
• Pour olive oil into pan (medium heat).
• Add meat and cook until it browns.
• Add chopped vegetables and sauté for five minutes.
• Add the tomato paste, three cups of water and seasoning, and stir continuously.
• Cover with aluminium foil and place in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 30 minutes.
• Turn off the oven when the mix is tender.
• Slice the aubergine (lengthwise), leaving them to soak in salted water for five minutes.
• Remove aubergines from water, dry with a paper towel and then fry or grill them.
• Place the meat in eggplants and secure with a toothpick.
• Add the slices of tomato, mozzarella cheese and chilli pepper.
• Cook in oven for five minutes, then serve.By Oliver Robinson
Time Out Dubai,
Our favourite features
The 50 best things to do in Dubai The emirate's best toilet, burger, elevator, proposal spot and more
Dubai's dining districts The battle of Dubai's best foodie neighbourhoods
Best nightclubs in Dubai The best nightclubs in Dubai revealed. Where do you like to party?
In pictures: The 40 biggest gigs of the year Take a look back at the most memorable UAE concerts from the 2013/14 season
Your essential guide to Dubai Marina Food, drink, play and live in Dubai Marina
Why you should visit Old Dubai Insider's guide to the traditional heart of the city
Dubai's best cafés revealed Top spots which offer books, board games, shisha and more
Dubai's best buffets Loosen the belt and pile up your plate at these all-you-can eat packages
The UAE’s best swim-up bars Refresh your body and your thirst at these poolside spots
86 Friday brunches to try Time for brunch? We run through the options - in price order
Dubai's must-visit mini malls Bigger doesn't always mean better...
How to... 24 must-have Dubai skills From lighting a barbecue to getting a driving licence
...and RELAX: 25 must-try spa treatments From ocean-view treatment rooms at the Burj Al Arab to faultless facials...
Must-see Dubai sights Nine iconic attractions no tourist or resident should miss
Dubai's best breakfasts Brilliant breakfast dishes from around the world available in Dubai