Your guide to Ramadan with iftars, suhoors and cultural events
Islim kebab (serves two)
Prepare this snack with either lamb or beef Discuss this article
400g lamb (with or without bone or minced – whatever your preference)
2 medium-sized aubergines
1 onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 slices of tomato
2 pieces green peppers/
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper (to taste)
50g mozzarella (sliced)
50g tomato paste
• Pour olive oil into pan (medium heat).
• Add meat and cook until it browns.
• Add chopped vegetables and sauté for five minutes.
• Add the tomato paste, three cups of water and seasoning, and stir continuously.
• Cover with aluminium foil and place in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 30 minutes.
• Turn off the oven when the mix is tender.
• Slice the aubergine (lengthwise), leaving them to soak in salted water for five minutes.
• Remove aubergines from water, dry with a paper towel and then fry or grill them.
• Place the meat in eggplants and secure with a toothpick.
• Add the slices of tomato, mozzarella cheese and chilli pepper.
• Cook in oven for five minutes, then serve.By Oliver Robinson
Time Out Dubai,
Our favourite features
101 celebrities in the UAE The most famous faces spotted in the emirates throughout 2013
Best selling albums of 2013 The top 20 sellers in the UAE: Who comes out on top?
Around the world at Global Village Dubai Stop and shop across the globe at the UAE's cultural park
Iconic Dubai buildings explained We celebrate some of the city's less well-known architectural triumphs
Hot new Japanese restaurants in Dubai Following a burst of new openings, we round up the newcomers
20 delicious low calories dishes in Dubai Our favourite feasts which pack just 500 calories or less
Pictures: Dubai from the sky We hopped aboard a Seawings flight to capture some amazing views of the ...
30 FREE things to do in Dubai From fitness trends to arty movie screenings, how to have free fun
20 celebrity chef restaurants in Dubai The celebrity-inspired restaurants that have come (and in some cases, go...
Massive new developments coming to Dubai FOUR huge islands off Deira, a 30,000-seater stadium, 100-storey tower, ...
21 restaurants to try in Downtown Dubai We dine our way down Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard (Emaar Boulevard)
50 best dishes of 2013 From budget to blow-out, the best our reviewers have been served in 2013
An essential guide to renting in Dubai Beat price hikes, pick the right area, and know your rights
How to get a pay rise 20 expert tips to bag more cash from your boss
30 top outdoor bars in Dubai As the temperatures cool we round up the best places to drink outside in...