Your guide to Ramadan with iftars, suhoors and cultural events
Islim kebab (serves two)
Prepare this snack with either lamb or beef Discuss this article
400g lamb (with or without bone or minced – whatever your preference)
2 medium-sized aubergines
1 onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 slices of tomato
2 pieces green peppers/
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper (to taste)
50g mozzarella (sliced)
50g tomato paste
• Pour olive oil into pan (medium heat).
• Add meat and cook until it browns.
• Add chopped vegetables and sauté for five minutes.
• Add the tomato paste, three cups of water and seasoning, and stir continuously.
• Cover with aluminium foil and place in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 30 minutes.
• Turn off the oven when the mix is tender.
• Slice the aubergine (lengthwise), leaving them to soak in salted water for five minutes.
• Remove aubergines from water, dry with a paper towel and then fry or grill them.
• Place the meat in eggplants and secure with a toothpick.
• Add the slices of tomato, mozzarella cheese and chilli pepper.
• Cook in oven for five minutes, then serve.
Time Out Dubai,
Our favourite features
10 best afternoon teas in Dubai Places to sample incredible sandwiches, scones and tasty beverages in Dubai
Dubai’s celebrity fans Pictures that show how much the stars love Dubai
Travel: Great summer holidays 20 trips within six-and-a-half hours flying time from Dubai
10 best new clubs in Dubai The top and freshest nightclubs to frequent in Dubai
Do something different in Dubai Ride the Seabreacher, enjoy a desert safari or book a table at a club in...
Dubai's best restaurants 2015 The 67 best restaurants in Dubai - this is where to eat out in Dubai
10 best brunches in Dubai Where to find top afternoon dining experiences on the weekend
82 new shoes to buy in Dubai Sandals, sneakers, boots, booties, flats, heels and more