Ba Restaurant & Lounge
|Location:||Fairmont The Palm - Palm Jumeirah|
|Tel:||04 457 3338|
|Experiences:||Alcohol available, Outdoor seating, Romantic, Pork served|
|Times:||Open Tue-Thu 6pm-11.30pm; Fri-Sat 6pm-midnight|
Is this your establishment? Want to update any details? Please send your updates here
Ba Restaurant & Lounge on Map
Z Aug 12, 2015 12:09 pm
I usually do not write feedback unless it is a stunning or a crying game experience. Dinner at BA last night falls into the latter one.
While I found decor quite a sight, it was the last good thing for the evening. We decided to go for set "silver" menu and stalk the chef with hungry eyes. To make a long story short :
- no, it does not take 25min to serve a starter
- no, it does not take another 25min all over and over and over and over again for each dish to be served
- speed of service was dead slow despite place being half empty on a Tuesday night -
- after tasting the tom yum sum ( the jelly whatever was a disgrace to this otherwise fantastic meal ), I did not feel like having courage to try the next dish - and I should not have
- neither rice, nor chicken or beef had any taste, veggie was overcooked and dead on arrival
- dessert - I do not have sweet teeth so it truly does not take Jacques Torres creation to please me, but what we got on the plate is simply beyond any proper English language vocabulary....
The only eatable ones - starter and duck - but then again, maybe I was just hungry.
Fairmont is a top notch hotel -a garage to house Aston Martin - but BA is barely a bicycle.
Shooting down all the 5 stars of Fairmont, my verdict is bye bye to BA....