|Location:||BurJuman - Bur Dubai - Dubai|
|Tel:||04 351 7009|
|Travel:||Trade Center Road|
|Experiences:||Takeaway available, Outdoor seating, Family friendly, Smoking permitted|
|Times:||Open daily 9am-midnight|
|Credit Cards Accepted:||Yes|
Is this your establishment? Want to update any details? Please send your updates here
Paul on Map
Joseph Jul 04, 2012 04:15 am
- nice decor. I always lovedpaul design andinterior. They always take me back in years.
- bad service. When u are going to have a breakfst, it is nice to see a smily face, someone wishing you a good day etc. employees are robots. This is normal since the owner would be cashing the overpriced menue items, andpayingthe poor waiters minimum wage.
- food, sound And looks on the menu better than it tastes. Cold croissants, bitter orange juice, fanned bread... Only their homemade butter is delicious.
- ambience, litteraly the cafe is in a parking lot. Smell and noise of cars and the touristic big bus tour terminus just next to it. Add to that the staff who can not pronounce their menu items.
- value, the cafe seemed very stingy. It is nice to offer things u didnt order. Lets say bread, free coffee refills, free orange juice refill. Like come on when e pay 40 dhz for orange juice, thats the price of a field of oranges.
Dr. Raji Mathew Aug 27, 2011 05:00 pm
Being Ramadan during the afternoon yesterday, I got salmon quiche and chocolate mille feuille packed. I've had better quiche elsewhere. Not that it was bad but it is overpriced.
If it's any solace to the lady,Jel, then I did get salad(lettuce leaves) to go with my takeaway order.
Kunal Feb 15, 2011 09:31 am
By the look of the Paul Cafe at Burjuman was quite inviting, little did I know the experience would be most frustrating. I ordered 1 of the 3 remaining pastries on the shelf & was asked to go to the counter to make the payment.
Meanwhile, a Westerner orders the same pastry after me & was handed over directly from the shelf. I quitely waited for my turn at the counter & to my agony was informed that the particular pastry is over.
Upon confronting the staff who packed my pastry, he denied taking any order from me & to top it all he grins & replies "so what, take another kind". All this happened while I was at the counter with the cashier, other staffs around & none seem to apologize for their mistake.
And for the pastries, I found better ones at half the price just next block at Spinneys!