How to save Dhs1,326 in a single week with a Time Out City Card
Time Out Dubai staff
Sunday The start of another busy week and I’ve already got a number of client meetings lined up, including one over lunch at Cafe M at the Media One Hotel. After work, I head home to change and then meet friends at Wild Wadi waterpark to enjoy the rides all through the night.
• Cafe M costs Dhs50 for a three-course meal. I get 20% off so it’s only Dhs40.
• Wild Wadi is meant to be Dhs170. But City Card holders get a special rate of Dhs160.
Monday I’ve just recommended the Japanese Nightingale facial at Biolite Skin Clinic to a friend. It’s does a great job of treating sun damage and brightening skin, and I just know she’ll fall in love with it. After work, I go to Seville’s at WAFI for dinner, drinks and a much-needed catchup session with my mates. At Biolite Skin Clinic the Japanese Nightingale facial costs Dhs850. 20% off however means it’s Dhs680.
• An average price of a meal for two at Seville’s is Dhs300. With a 20% discount though it’s Dhs240.
Tuesday I’ve always wanted to learn how to converse in Arabic and so I head over to the International Technology Education Center (ITEC) at Knowledge Village and sign up for their one-month course. Then another business lunch at Chill Restaurant at Al Shatha Tower in Dubai Media City, before dealing with more paperwork back at the office. Roll on 6pm when I’ll be doing some shopping at Dubai Festival Centre before having dinner at Zyng Asian Grill.
• 15% off a language course at ITEC means that I only pay Dhs1,317.50 not Dhs1,550.
• At Chill Restaurant a Dhs40 buffet with water only costs Dhs32 thanks to a 20% discount.
• The average price of a meal at Zyng Asian Grill drops from Dhs150 to Dhs120 with my 20% off.
Wednesday My back’s been sore for a while now so I decide to go for a quick half-hour back massage during my lunch break at the Jasmine Spa & Health Club at the Grand Millenium in TECOM. It’s exactly what I needed as I tackle more assignments at work. A friend I haven’t met in over a year is meeting me for dinner at Mango Tree at Souk al Bahar and I’m really looking forward to it - not only is it a fantastic restaurant but it’s also the best place to catch the Dubai Fountain show.
• Dinner at Mango Tree comes in around Dhs340 for two, instead of Dhs400 with 15% off.
Thursday I’m excited that the weekend is just around the corner. The day is spent planning for the week ahead at work and it’s a welcome break when me and a colleague decide to have lunch at Prego’s at Media Rotana. I join a few friends who are headed to Ras Al Khaimah to have some watery fun at Dreamland Aqua Park where we also have the option of camping overnight and staying in our own cabin.
• At Pregos, the bill for two is only Dhs280 not Dhs350, after a 20% discount.
• With our 30% discount at Dreamland Aqua Park, it costs just Dhs315 per person to stay overnight, not Dhs450.
Friday It’s about midday when I get back to Dubai after camping at Dreamlands and with friends from out of town coming over for a few days next week, I’ve decided to take them on a quintessential Dubai experience – a trip to Ski Dubai. Who doesn’t like slaloming down snowy slopes in the middle of the desert? Exactly. Besides, once they unclip their ski boots, I’ll be rewarding their physical endeavours with a mani/pedi at Chill Spa before heading out for a light dinner at Soda Box at Pullman Dubai Mall of the Emirates.
• Ski Dubai offers City Card holders 15% off snow park entry, slope session and lessons (discovery & beginner), so my visit only costs Dhs102.
• At Chill spa, I get 15% off my mani/pedi so it only sets me back Dhs119 not Dhs140.
• In Soda Box, a traditional triple-decker club sandwich and Very Important Berries drink come to only Dhs60.80 after the 15% discount.
Saturday I’ve booked myself in for a massage at the Saray Spa at Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites for a full-body massage that lasts for a blissful hour. It’s exactly what I needed to forget the stresses of the week. Looking forward to a night out with the girls, I head over to Vidal’s Salon at the Holiday Inn Dubai Al Barsha for a glam new haircut and a blowdry. A quick change later and it’s time to meet my mates at good ol’ Trader Vic’s for dinner and drinks.
• A meal of a fillet of fish and a pint at Trader Vic’s only costs around Dhs140, after a 25% discount on food and a 20% discount on drinks.
• A full body massage at Saray Spa is an amazing Dhs150 after 50% off.
• At Vidal’s Salon a cut and blow dry is only Dhs187.50, instead of Dhs250. You can sign up for a Time Out City Card now. It is free and easy and should only take a couple of minutes. Click here to if you want to register right now.