Firin sutlac (serves two)
How to make milk-based vanilla dessert 1 Comments
1l fresh milk
1tsp vanilla essence or a single vanilla stick
1tbsp rice flour
Pinch of cinnamon powder
• Wash the rice and put in a pan with the litre of water and bring to a boil.
• Once boiling, reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook until the rice is very soft and has almost absorbed all the water.
• Pour the milk onto the rice, add the sugar and vanilla essence, cook until the liquid begins to bubble.
• Put two tablespoons of rice (or 1.5 tablespoons of corn flour, if preferred) into a small cup, add a little bit of water and mix together, then add this into the rice pudding. Whisk thoroughly until consistent.
• Pour the rice pudding mix into individual containers and put in a preheated oven to 250˚C for 10 minutes (or until the colour of the top of the pudding begins to turn a golden colour).
• Remove from oven and leave to cool.
• Serve with cinnamon powder and ice cream.
View our comprehensive Ramadan guide here
Time Out Dubai,
- Academic City(4)
- Al Quoz(26)
- Arabian Ranches(11)
- Bur Dubai(196)
- Business Bay(23)
- Discovery Gardens(16)
- Downtown Dubai(200)
- Dubai Internet City(14)
- Dubai Investments Park(5)
- Dubai Marina(289)
- Dubai Media City(52)
- Emirates Hills(25)
- Festival City(53)
- Green Community(13)
- International City(25)
- Jebel Ali(23)
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers(72)
- Knowledge Village(5)
- Motor City(10)
- Nad Al Sheba(9)
- Oud Metha(110)
- Palm Jumeirah(66)
- Sheikh Zayed Road(195)
- Silicon Oasis(8)
- The Gardens(36)
- Umm Suqeim(71)
- Afternoon tea(47)
- Alcohol available(606)
- All you can eat deal(92)
- Brunch served(75)
- Business lunch(75)
- Family friendly(310)
- Floating restaurant(10)
- Formal dress code(20)
- Great view(33)
- Live music(145)
- Outdoor seating(530)
- Pork served(90)
- Private dining area(69)
- Smoking permitted(336)
- Take away(358)
Most viewed restaurantsAll reviews
Most viewed articles
- China Grill opens in Dubai
- 31 best meal deals in Dubai this week
- Dubai Food Festival 2015 preview
- Dubai Young Chef of the Year 2014
- Chef Francois Xavier Simon interview
Our favourite features
The 50 best things to do in Dubai The emirate's best toilet, burger, elevator, proposal spot and more
Dubai's dining districts The battle of Dubai's best foodie neighbourhoods
Best nightclubs in Dubai The best nightclubs in Dubai revealed. Where do you like to party?
In pictures: The 40 biggest gigs of the year Take a look back at the most memorable UAE concerts from the 2013/14 season
Your essential guide to Dubai Marina Food, drink, play and live in Dubai Marina
Why you should visit Old Dubai Insider's guide to the traditional heart of the city
Dubai's best cafés revealed Top spots which offer books, board games, shisha and more
Dubai's best buffets Loosen the belt and pile up your plate at these all-you-can eat packages
The UAE’s best swim-up bars Refresh your body and your thirst at these poolside spots
86 Friday brunches to try Time for brunch? We run through the options - in price order
Dubai's must-visit mini malls Bigger doesn't always mean better...
How to... 24 must-have Dubai skills From lighting a barbecue to getting a driving licence
...and RELAX: 25 must-try spa treatments From ocean-view treatment rooms at the Burj Al Arab to faultless facials...
Must-see Dubai sights Nine iconic attractions no tourist or resident should miss
Dubai's best breakfasts Brilliant breakfast dishes from around the world available in Dubai