Firin sutlac (serves two)
How to make milk-based vanilla dessert 1 Comments
1l fresh milk
1tsp vanilla essence or a single vanilla stick
1tbsp rice flour
Pinch of cinnamon powder
• Wash the rice and put in a pan with the litre of water and bring to a boil.
• Once boiling, reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook until the rice is very soft and has almost absorbed all the water.
• Pour the milk onto the rice, add the sugar and vanilla essence, cook until the liquid begins to bubble.
• Put two tablespoons of rice (or 1.5 tablespoons of corn flour, if preferred) into a small cup, add a little bit of water and mix together, then add this into the rice pudding. Whisk thoroughly until consistent.
• Pour the rice pudding mix into individual containers and put in a preheated oven to 250˚C for 10 minutes (or until the colour of the top of the pudding begins to turn a golden colour).
• Remove from oven and leave to cool.
• Serve with cinnamon powder and ice cream.
View our comprehensive Ramadan guide here
Time Out Dubai,
- Academic City(3)
- Al Quoz(17)
- Arabian Ranches(10)
- Bur Dubai(164)
- Business Bay(4)
- Discovery Gardens(10)
- Downtown Dubai(161)
- Dubai Internet City(11)
- Dubai Investments Park(3)
- Dubai Marina(227)
- Dubai Media City(37)
- Emirates Hills(21)
- Festival City(48)
- Green Community(9)
- International City(19)
- Jebel Ali(17)
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers(42)
- Knowledge Village(1)
- Motor City(5)
- Nad Al Sheba(9)
- Oud Metha(83)
- Palm Jumeirah(61)
- Sheikh Zayed Road(166)
- Silicon Oasis(3)
- The Gardens(23)
- Umm Suqeim(63)
- Afternoon tea(46)
- Alcohol available(600)
- All you can eat deal(91)
- Brunch served(77)
- Business lunch(78)
- Family friendly(312)
- Floating restaurant(10)
- Formal dress code(22)
- Great view(33)
- Live music(149)
- Outdoor seating(519)
- Pork served(94)
- Private dining area(75)
- Smoking permitted(340)
- Take away(358)
Most viewed restaurantsAll reviews
Most viewed articles
- Time Out Dubai Restaurant Awards 2014
- Dubai food events this week
- Dubai Food Festival essential events
- Dubai Food Festival at the Litfest
- Dubai Food Festival Beach Canteen
Our favourite features
101 celebrities in the UAE The most famous faces spotted in the emirates throughout 2013
Best selling albums of 2013 The top 20 sellers in the UAE: Who comes out on top?
Around the world at Global Village Dubai Stop and shop across the globe at the UAE's cultural park
Iconic Dubai buildings explained We celebrate some of the city's less well-known architectural triumphs
Hot new Japanese restaurants in Dubai Following a burst of new openings, we round up the newcomers
20 delicious low calories dishes in Dubai Our favourite feasts which pack just 500 calories or less
Pictures: Dubai from the sky We hopped aboard a Seawings flight to capture some amazing views of the ...
30 FREE things to do in Dubai From fitness trends to arty movie screenings, how to have free fun
20 celebrity chef restaurants in Dubai The celebrity-inspired restaurants that have come (and in some cases, go...
Massive new developments coming to Dubai FOUR huge islands off Deira, a 30,000-seater stadium, 100-storey tower, ...
21 restaurants to try in Downtown Dubai We dine our way down Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard (Emaar Boulevard)
50 best dishes of 2013 From budget to blow-out, the best our reviewers have been served in 2013
An essential guide to renting in Dubai Beat price hikes, pick the right area, and know your rights
How to get a pay rise 20 expert tips to bag more cash from your boss
30 top outdoor bars in Dubai As the temperatures cool we round up the best places to drink outside in...