1l fresh milk
1tsp vanilla essence or a single vanilla stick
1tbsp rice flour
Pinch of cinnamon powder
• Wash the rice and put in a pan with the litre of water and bring to a boil.
• Once boiling, reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook until the rice is very soft and has almost absorbed all the water.
• Pour the milk onto the rice, add the sugar and vanilla essence, cook until the liquid begins to bubble.
• Pour the rice pudding mix into individual containers and put in a preheated oven to 250˚C for 10 minutes (or until the colour of the top of the pudding begins to turn a golden colour).
• Remove from oven and leave to cool.
• Serve with cinnamon powder and ice cream.
View our comprehensive Ramadan guide here