An international dining experience with live cooking stations
Located in the Pullman Dubai Deira City Centre, Medley is an all-day dining restaurant where guests can discover an array of delightful dishes as well as tantalising flavours.
The Chef Andreas Mensch For executive chef Andreas Mensch, it all started with passion and a commitment to create memorable and delicious meals for his family and guests. His culinary journey has taken him across Norway, France, Latvia, Russia, Hungary and the USA.
The details Open daily 6am-10.30am, noon-3.30pm, 7pm-11pm. Pullman Dubai Deira City Centre, H2022-SB@accor.com (04 603 8080).
Kamchatka crab and avocado timbale with grapefruit and cilantro tartar recipe Signature dishes Pan-seared diver scallops and white shrimp on spätzle Ingredients 12 white shrimps 12 diver scallops 200g spinach 500g all-purpose flour 8 large eggs 200ml water 300g black Krim tomatoes Sage 200g cream 2 shallots Chives Extra virgin olive oil Fleur de sel Method For the spätzle • Blanch spinach in boiling, salted water and allow to cool in ice water. Remove and eliminate any excess water.
• Put 250g of flour in a mixing bowl; make a well in the middle. Then add spinach, salt, eggs and water.
• Beat until smooth and bubbles appear.
• Fill a large pot with water, add salt and bring to the boil.
• Fill a spätzle press with the dough, and squeeze into the boiling water. Drain when the spätzle float to the surface.
• Use the tomatoes and follow same procedure for the tomato spätzle, but reduce the water. For the scallop & shrimp • Heat olive oil in large skillet over a medium-high heat.
• Add scallops and cook until lightly browned. Repeat with the shrimp.
For the sage foam Sauté chopped shallots and sage in half olive oil and butter, adding salt and pepper. Mix well, then strain.
To Serve Add scallops to tomato spätzle and shrimp to spinach spätzle. Put butter into the sauce and use a mixer to create the foam. Place a skewer with one shrimp and one scallop on the plate and surround with foam.
Ingredients 1 Kamchatka crab 1 Hass avocado 3 star ruby grapefruit Cilantro leaves Fleur de sel White pepper Micro frisee lettuce Avocado oil 350ml star ruby grapefruit juice 250ml water 3g lecite
Method For the timbale • Cook the crab in salted boiling water for 15 minutes, then chill in ice water.
• Use a nutcracker and scissors to peel the shell from the meat.
• Shred meat into small strips.
•Peel avocado, slice thinly.
• Start layering the avocado and crab in a ring, beginning with avocado and finishing with crab. Add avocado oil, pepper and fleur de sel after each avocado layer. Add grapefruit juice, pepper and fleur de sel after crab layers.
For the grapefruit air • Mix lecite, water and grapefruit juice in a container.
• Shred with a blender.
• Emulsify with a blender, generating air so that foam forms on the surface. Skim with a spoon to collect foam.
For the tartar • Slice off grapefruit ends.
• Remove outer white pith.
• Working over a bowl, cut the segments free. Squeeze remaining juice from fruit.
To serve Plate timbale and grapefruit air. Decorate with grapefruit supremes and chopped cilantro. Pour avocado oil on top, and add micro frisee.