Time Out Dubai celebrates the best sweet treats in Dubai this Christmas, including cakes, gingerbread houses, cookies, mince pies and more
From miniature mince pies to lavish Yule logs, fill your sideboards and cupboards with these fancy, festive treats...
1. Christmas cake pops and gingerbread cookies
Colourful, cute characters make a great Christmas Eve treat (and should tempt kids not to steal Santa’s mince pies). Pops Dhs10 each, cookies Dhs3. Ribbons & Balloons Bakery, Oud Metha (04 269 9623).
2. Giant mince pies Thin pastry gives way to a generous filling of fruity More-made mince (featuring cashew nuts). Dhs13 each, or six for Dhs75. More Café, Mall of the Emirates (04 347 4696).
3. Chocolate crinkle cookies, pumpkin whoopie pies and gingersnap whoopie cookies Deviate from tradition with Magnolia’s festively flavoured, sweet sandwiches. Chocolate Dhs30 per bag, whoopie pies Dhs10 each. Magnolia Bakery, The Dubai Mall (04 350 5440).
4. Gingerbread house Perfect edible centrepieces for your Boxing Day buffet. Dhs130 regular (large also available for Dhs230). Gourmandises, Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, Garhoud (04 702 2445).
5. Silly sunken Santas Show your guests you’ve got a sense of humour with these Santa-stuck-in-the-chimney treats, made of chocolate macadamia cupcookies, filled with banana cream custard. Dhs25 each. SugarMoo, Al Barsha, www.sugarmoo.com (04 277 8264).
6. Gingersnap people Some of the most delicately decorated biscuits you’ll find this season. Dhs10 each. Pinch Gourmet, www.pinchgourmet.com (055 625 0261).
7. Festive biscuits Some of these beautiful tins sing if you twist the base, and their contents pair magnificently with a cup of Fortnum’s Christmas Tea. Dhs100 per tin. Fortnum & Mason, Downtown Dubai (04 388 2627).
8. Yule log Almost a fireplace-worth of logs make up this jam-filled chocolate cake. Grab a friend to polish it off (or just a fork). Dhs100. La Terrace, Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai (04 397 7444).
9. Gingerbread fingers Probably the breadiest we’ve tasted, this enjoyably chewy gingerbread is packed with zesty flavour. Dhs60 per 300g. Lobby Gingerbread House, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, Palm Jumeirah (04 453 0444).
10. Fruit and nut chocolates Stuffed from all that turkey? These handmade chocolates are a great veging-on-the-sofa companion. Dhs60 per 300g. Lobby Gingerbread House, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, Palm Jumeirah (04 453 0444).
11. Chocolate-filled bauble Fortnum’s 2015 bauble comes filled with chocolates – perfect for hiding your treats if you hate sharing. Dhs85. Fortnum & Mason, Downtown Dubai (04 388 2627).
12. Mince pies and ginger cookies These simple cookies are ideal for party guests who loathe icing, while the mince pies are big enough to share between two. Cookies Dhs20 for 200g, mince pies Dhs10 each. La Terrace, Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai (04 397 7444).
13. Sno-cap cupcakes Conjure up images of snow-capped mountains (or Ski Dubai) with these meringue-topped chocolate cupcakes. Dhs16. Magnolia Bakery, The Dubai Mall (04 350 5440).
14. Red velvet brownies SugarMoo adds a festive touch to its twisted brownies, with a sprinkling of gingerbread. Dhs15. SugarMoo, Al Barsha, www.sugarmoo.com (04 277 8264).
15. Christmas cupcakes Choose from a whole range of festive flavours, sold inside a gingerbread house. Dhs45 each. Lobby Gingerbread House, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, Palm Jumeirah (04 453 0444).
16. Christmas cake Pick up a traditional (and exuberantly decorated) Christmas cake to tuck into on Christmas Eve. Dhs135 per kilo. Holiday Inn Al Barsha (04 323 4333).
17. Oh My Gold cake This creative Christmas cake is available for the first time, designed to add a touch of glamour and a talking point to your big day spread. Dhs250. Gourmandises, Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, Garhoud (04 702 2445).
18. Frosty fluffs These marshmallow snowmen on a chocolate cookie base follow SugarMoo’s comedy Christmas theme. Dhs30. SugarMoo, Al Barsha, www.sugarmoo.com (04 277 8264).
19. Mini gingerbread men These green and red trouser-wearing folk are More’s smaller biscuit offerings (50g each). There’s also a giant option (150g), for giant appetites. Dhs11 for four. More Café, Mall of the Emirates (04 347 4696).
20. Chocolate Yule log Adorned in festive cookies, this hefty cake is available not only in chocolate, but also caramel and vanilla marshmallow. Dhs55. Ribbons & Balloons Bakery, Oud Metha (04 269 9623).
21. Christmas Stollen cake Make sure you've got a freezer full of vanilla ice-cream to serve with this heavily spiced beast.Dhs50 for 500g. La Terrace, Four Points by Sheraton, Bur Dubai (04 397 7444).
22. Mini mince pies These tasty little pastry cups are bite-sized, and dangerously moreish for it. Skip the turkey and dive straight in. Dhs160 for eight. Lobby Gingerbread House, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, Palm Jumeirah (04 453 0444).
23. Festive cupcakes Tuck into vanilla and chocolate cupcakes, decorated with lashings of vanilla buttercream and decorations including nods to The Nightmare Before Christmas. Dhs19. Magnolia Bakery, The Dubai Mall (04 350 5440).