• To prepare the filling – mix the marinate chicken and shrimp with sugar, salt, pepper powder, cooking sauce and sesame oil.
• Mould the wanton wrapper into round shape (diameter around 3 centimetres). Wrap the filling in the round wrapper. Garnish with crab roe and coriander.
• Arrange in bamboo and steam for seven minutes and then serve hot.
Dimsum – China Club Crystal Shrimp Dumpling “Har Gao”
100g shrimp meat 20g water chestnut minced 20g bamboo shoot 25g sugar 25g corn starch 1g white pepper powder 3g sesame oil 3g salt 100g refined starch Method • Marinate shrimp with cornstarch and sugar 20gm then keep in a chillers’ for more than 30 minutes. Wash under cold running water than rinse.
• Chopped bamboo shoot and parboil in boiling water. Rinse. Mince water chestnut.
• To prepare the filling – mix shrimp, bamboo shoot and chestnut with all seasonings.
• Mix the refines starch with boiling water and little common starch.
• Portion and make into circle shape wrapper (diameter around 4.5 centimetres).