Test yourself with Legends of Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club’s top chef’s Surf and Turf recipe
Time Out Dubai Staff
Surf & Turf
Serves one 90g kangaroo medallion 1 Gulf prawns 200g carrots 1 orange 30g roquette leaves 100g parmesan cheese finely grated 10 floz truffle vinaigrette Salt & pepper to taste
Method • Take the kangaroo medallion; cut ¾ of the way through, bat it out. Take the gulf prawn and sear in a hot pan.
• Remove from the pan and place into a pre-heated oven, (180c) and continue to cook for 8 –10 minutes.
• Place the chopped carrots into hot boiling water and cook till soft. Remove and drain the excess water off. Return to the pan and add the juice of 1 orange and the rind. Season with salt & pepper; add a knob of butter and mash till smooth.
• Take the finely grated parmesan, place in a line on some greaseproof paper. Place in the microwave and cook till it has melted. Once melted, remove from the microwave and take off the greaseproof paper. Take a cup and place around the cup and leave to set. You have to work quite quickly as this will start to set.
• In a separate bowl add the roquette leaves. Dress the leaves with a little truffle vinaigrette.
• Take a spoon and make 1 quenelle of the carrot mash. Take the dressed roquette leaves and place next to the mash. Place the kangaroo and gulf prawn on top of the dressed leaves. Garnish with a parmesan ring. Recipe courtesy of Legends, Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club & Chef Max Grenard