Sophisticated wine bar in the Wafi Pyramids 2 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2008
Vintage is a small living room-style drinkerie with plenty of sofas and armchairs to ease yourself in for the evening. It seems that the philosophy of this place is: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
And while you may find yourself tucking into the same fare at this place time after time, what is served up is spot-on. Pick three appetisers for a reasonable Dhs69 – particularly delicious are the wild mushrooms in a béchamel sauce on a hunk of rustic bread, garnished with parmesan and goat’s cheese on crostini with an apricot relish.
The beef carpaccio can be a little on the dry side, but this is the exception rather than the rule. The salmon platter is delicate and tasty, with just the right amount served up, including smoked fish, excellent gravadlax, a fantastic, perfectly seasoned salmon tartare and a little pile of beluga caviar as a nice finishing touch.
Stick to the traditional dishes to accompany the wine – you’ll never tire of the cheeseboard with cured meats.
By Jeremy Lawrence
- Previous reviews
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 21 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 03 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 May,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 January,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 January,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.