Excellent Thai food next to the Lamcy Plaza mall 30 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2008
Nestled among the discount shops in the Lamcy Plaza area is Lemongrass. A deceptively unimposing façade leads into a tasteful interior of subtle greens and delicate peaches, where heady aromas of Eastern spices permeate the air.
The furnishings are authentic but unobtrusive, and the lunchtime diners converse in hushed tones lending further to the tranquil atmosphere. The effect is a serene and calming escape from the hubbub outside. There’s a tempting selection of traditional Thai fare and an exotic variety of more imaginative dishes form the menu. The appetisers are heavy on deep-fried choices, but these turn out to be light and crisp.
The goong choub pang tod is cooked to crunchy perfection, the simplicity of crisp-fried succulent prawns being perfectly complemented by a zappy, zesty dip. Seafood is the dominant ingredient of the menu, featuring a colourful array of prawn, squid, king fish and red snapper dishes drenched in rich and fiery sauces. Chu chi is a signature dish of Lemongrass and comprises huge, juicy tiger prawns creatively harpooned on a lemongrass stalk, swimming in a pool of luxuriant, aromatic red curry sauce.
For those who are not seafood fanatics, the options are a little sparse, however an assortment of reliably delicious creamy curries and the occasional stir-fried dish flavoured with chilli, ginger and sesame are offered. The staff are friendly and attentive, but not intrusive; providing good service with minimal interruption.
Overall Lemongrass offers a satisfying dining experience with a delightful taste of Bangkok, which assures the restaurant a regular stream of loyal diners.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 27 April,2015- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 10 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 17 January,2011- reviewed by Oliver Robinson
- 07 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 11 January,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 29 April,2006- reviewed by TimeOut Dubai
- 01 July,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 March,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.