Follow this with the glazed duck breast, which is smothered in a black truffle and cassis jus, which adds a pleasing sharp sweetness to the rich meat 14 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2007
Come nightfall the Creek comes alive with fairy-lit boats offering dinner cruises to suit any budget, and the king of them all is the Bateaux Dubai, which boasts a contemporary, elegant experience that any visitor or resident of Dubai will really enjoy. The red carpet welcome puts you in the mood to enjoy top-notch hospitality and as a plate of amuse-bouches are replaced with warm crusty breads, and your water and wine glass are silently filled after every other sip, you’ll wonder what took you so long to book in the first place.
To start, the foie gras is highly recommended as its smooth texture is perfectly complemented by a kiwi, port and redcurrant jus. Follow this with the glazed duck breast, which is smothered in a black truffle and cassis jus, which adds a pleasing sharp sweetness to the rich meat. Another good option is the pan-fried hammour with pea and bacon hash – it’s wonderfully smoky. There’s no contest for dessert though – we advise you to head straight for the white chocolate crème brûlée, and as you break through the satisfying crunch of the caramel topping to the creamy chocolate nestling underneath, you’ll understand why.
While enjoying the vista of Bur Dubai’s wind towers and Deira’s skyscrapers through the immense glass windows and roof, the gentle live jazz is an inspired accompaniment to a cruising experience equally suited to a romantic dinner for two or a lively group of friends.
- Previous reviews
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 10 January,2011- reviewed by Oliver Robinson
- 05 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 02 November,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 19 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 01 December,2008- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 03 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 12 December,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 December,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.