The beautifully fresh fish is arranged in a dancing salsa of zingy flavours under a mêlée of fresh green vegetables 8 Reviews
For a British roast with all the trimmings. Dhs235 (soft drinks), Dhs325 (house beverages) Timings: Noon-3.30pm (Saturday)
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2007
We were sceptical – a good restaurant at a golf club? But Nineteen, a contemporary European restaurant with a decidedly Asian swing, is definitely on the ball. Start with a hearty portion of salmon and tuna tartare. The beautifully fresh fish is arranged in a dancing salsa of zingy flavours under a mêlée of fresh green vegetables. A creamy and crunchy dish of courgette cannelloni is every bit as large and robust. Order the surf and turf main and each meaty ball of sweet lobster will go down your hole in one, while a dewy pink hunk of tenderloin steak seeps its juices into a rich but not overpowering black bean sauce – delicious. Or hack divots out of an over-baked red snapper, which is moist, firm, boneless, delicious, and will disappear in a stroke.
End with a pleasingly gooey chocolate fondant accompanied by soft, decadent ice cream, or a sweet, crumbly portion of poached baby pear. As Gary Player once said, ‘The harder you work the luckier you get’. Indeed, the people here have clearly been putting more than their fair share of effort in, and it isn’t just Dubai’s golfing community that are reaping the rewards. Non-golfers will be delighted to hear that at Nineteen, excellent food, great service and a relaxing and informal atmosphere are all par for the course. Highly recommended.
By Time Out Dubai Staff
- Previous reviews
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 11 August,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 05 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 25 January,2010- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 21 April,2008- reviewed by Anna Whitehouse
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.