We took a trip to Emirates Golf Club to re-investigate the culinary offerings at Le Classique 8 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2010
By Dubai standards, Le Classique is an ancient institution. It opened its doors in 1988, and though the restaurant has recently been renovated and relaunched, it can’t shake its antique vibe. If you’ve any doubt you’re dealing with truly ‘classique’ French fare, just whiff the air for the telltale sign of butter. Though the space has been revamped – with deep burgundies replacing the tepid creams of the previous incarnation, and fanciful frosted swirls now adorning the windows – the menu reads pretty much the same as it did prior to the restaurant’s seven-month hiatus. What really catches the eye, however, are the prices.
In a town full of Dhs1,000-per-head meals, it’s refreshing to see a decent eatery charging a comparably meek Dhs220 for three courses. And while the menu threatens to be overcomplicated in patches, dishes that might at first seem overambitious turn out to be quite nice. That said, the kitchen is sometimes prone to sending out overcooked meat. Still, for an old-fashion flambé at a reasonable price, it can’t be beat.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 26 April,2015- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 20 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 12 September,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 29 March,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 15 January,2008- reviewed by James Brennan
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 15 February,2006- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 April,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 September,2002- reviewed by Carolyn Robb
- 01 October,2001- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.