Fire & Ice
A dramatic relaunch brings us the world’s finest chip 12 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2010
Fire & Ice’s relaunch last year saw the restaurant shift away from fancy fare and molecular accents, focusing instead on steak. Still, the place can’t resist the odd dramatic dish. Most dishes, however, are your standard steakhouse offerings (crab cakes, check; wagyu, check; oysters, check), though the ‘sexing-up’ of the menu would suggest otherwise. A salad niçoise, for example, is described as a ‘ménage à trois of seared tuna, tuna tartare and niçoise salad’. It’s best to stick to the simple dishes here – steak and chips both excel, while anything more complicated tends to fall flat (a disappointment when you’re shelling out this much dough).
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 10 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 21 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 November,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 11 February,2008- reviewed by James Brennan
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.