Lobby café in the Fairmont Hotel Discuss this article
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2008
As any superhero will tell you, it’s all about the belt. It doesn’t matter if they wear flashy underpants on the outside or can stop a bullet with their eyeball, the belt still gives a superhero added bite and edge. It’s a similar picture at Café Sushi.
The belt goes around the entire venue, and the saucers look too appetising to resist: they carry sweet slabs of tamago (egg omelette), fresh sashimi of tuna, salmon and snapper, lightly wasabied nigiri and some chubby maki.
Of course, you’ll get a cheaper meal at Noodle Sushi or Sumo further down the Sheikh Zayed Road, but here the service is proficient and polite, and the drinks come freshly squeezed from the neighbouring restaurant.
For hotel guests and nearby office workers in need of a low-calorie lunch, Café Sushi fits the bill perfectly. If only the same could be said for Arnold Schwarzenegger’s portrayal of Mr Freeze.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 27 April,2015- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 03 November,2011- reviewed by Oliver Robinson
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 19 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 05 April,2006- reviewed by Matthew Lee
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.