Modern Chinese in cool and quirky surroundings in The Dubai Mall 44 Reviews
Hukama yum cha
Try Chinese teas, along with deliciously unique dim sum. Dhs145 Timings: Noon-3pm (Friday)
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2010
Instead of the traditional brunch, Hukama, The Address’s swanky Chinese restaurant, serves up an upscale yum cha. The à la carte menu means diners can have a surprisingly light meal. Crispy and chilli-kissed fried prawns are a definite must here. Other items tend to be a bit hit-or-miss, with a seafood spring roll donning a crust so hard it resembles heavy armour. Crystal dumplings are light and satisfying, however. Desserts are a definite highlight, though they’re definitely not for the staunch traditionalist. Red been pancakes are better described as an ethereally light and decadently buttery red bean pastry, served with red bean ice cream. Not a bad alternative to Friday brunch, but some dim sum aficionados might be affronted by the restaurant’s creativity.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 12 September,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 17 November,2008- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.