When Time Out declared Manhattan Grill the finest steakhouse in town at the 2006 Restaurant Awards it’s fair to say a fair few eyebrows were raised 9 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
BOOK A TABLE NOW
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2007
When Time Out declared Manhattan Grill the finest steakhouse in town at the 2006 Restaurant Awards it’s fair to say a fair few eyebrows were raised. But what of the slightly erratic layout and lacklustre starters, argued the naysayers. The response came in the form of mighty-fine Nebraskan cuts served on the bone that melt like sorbet in the summer sun. One year on and the steaks remain high: retaining their soft texture and smoky flavour, they continue to be the restaurant’s biggest draw.
They are aided and abetted by an improved selection of starters and non beef-eaters are catered for by a lengthy fish list and a slightly more stunted selection of vegetarian dishes. If there’s a drawback it’s the price. With an increasing number of cut-price steakhouses setting up in town, MG’s price tag may scare off a few, especially when side dishes at Dhs25 a pop must be added to supplement the ‘just the meat’ mains.
The decor – a strange mismatch of booths, grand tables, side rooms and a mini veranda – may also not be to everyone’s taste; think impressive business dinners rather than romantic soirees, but the staff are all knowledgeable, polite and welcoming to a tee. With a fantastic and lengthy wine list and a star of a cheesecake tucked away on the dessert menu, Manhattan remains a fine choice for the more affluent of carnivores.
By Time Out Dubai Staff
- Previous reviews
- 10 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 21 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 12 September,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 05 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 03 November,2008- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 12 July,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 27 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 17 December,2005- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.