Fine dining at The Park Hyatt 6 Reviews
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2008
There are many things that The Terrace does right. The outside deck overlooking the harbour makes for a great place to head when the weather’s right. There’s a good raw bar, which includes caviar, fine dill massaged salmon, meaty prawns and savoury oysters, presented on ice.
Dinner, however, is a more hit and miss affair. The prawn cocktail appetiser, for example, is uninspiring, with bland prawns feebly contrasted by dabs of sour cream and slivers of lime. The pan-seared salmon is delightfully smooth and moist with a tart, crisp outside, complemented by crunchy green spinach; as it should be for its price.
Predictable spaghetti arabiata is spiced up with pleasantly seared whole baby tomatoes and generous herbal garnish, and the sauce is just piquant enough to send taste buds into a tizzy. But the menu is limited. Most disappointing is the service, which is slow and awkward.
If the Terrace’s aim is to take a few upscale classics and do them well alongside drinks, it succeeds, but personally, we’d stick to nibbling on caviar.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 27 April,2015- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 21 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 26 September,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.