Almaz by Momo
Award-winning African restaurant in Dubai 30 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2008
After struggling to locate and remove the last fibres of meat from the stupendously tender lamb shoulder, you may try your hardest to work out what’s wrong.
The food is generously portioned and reasonably priced, the decor is tasteful and atmospheric, and the service is friendly and welcoming. So where are the miniscule helpings of overpriced finger food? Where are the arrogant waiters? And where are the ostentatious, glitzy kings of bling?
You swig your non-alcoholic champagne and demolish the delightful chocolate moelleux, which oozes its molten gooey extravagance into a gently softening scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
Then you realise what’s wrong; it’s the end of your meal. You’ll surely raise a glass to toast the brilliant Almaz by Momo.
By Jeremy Lawrence
- Previous reviews
- 24 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 07 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 01 August,2007- reviewed by James Brennan
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 31 May,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.