Salmon and seafood in the Mall of The Emirates 29 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2008
Salmontini, as you may already have worked out is a salmon restaurant. But even if salmon’s not to your taste, there’s an extensive seafood menu (lobster, mussels, sushi). The degustation platter – served with rye bread rolls and the standard-issue hard butter – is ample as a starter for two.
A sort of salmon greatest hits, it comprises sashimi, briney gravlax and smoked salmon (all pleasantly cool if a trifle samey), plus a ramekin of deliciously herby salmon tartare. The salmon couscous main arrives with an unexpected touch of Salvador Dali: a giant crêpe funnel perches atop the salmon like a giant ear trumpet.
Grilled king prawns, meanwhile, are the size of saltshakers and beautifully firm. Salmontini serves relatively plain fare, but its base ingredients are as fresh as the snow on its doorstep at nearby Ski Dubai.
This is generally good news, but you may find yourself smearing tartare sauce over the vegetables in an attempt to liven things up a bit. Luckily, there is no need to customise the apple tart, however, which is as good as anything you’ll find in a French patisserie.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 24 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 14 August,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 25 July,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 05 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 11 January,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 29 August,2007- reviewed by TimeOut Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 19 July,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.